4~ Explanations

First of all, sorry for taking an extra long break. I was working on multiple chapters for unpublished stories as well as school. I'll try post another chapter really soon after this one but it's hard to get enough ideas to make a chapter. Please give suggestions of what you want to see in this.

This is a boring chapter where they discuss Percy's ability but there is fluff at the end.

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------

"So." Percy started then paused, struggling to decide on how to start. Apollo must have picked up on his internal frustration as he helpfully said, "How about you tell us what exactly this ability is?"

He shot the god a grateful look and did just that.

"Basically, whenever a deity makes physical contact with me they either gain or lose energy/power depending on how they touch me." He explained slowly, "For example, right now I am holding onto you so you can a, get used to the extra power and b, so you don't pass out again."

To prove his point, he lifted the godly arms that he was holding and let go, swiftly holding them again when the two gods started visibly feeling drowsy.

"Okay okay, please don't let go again." Hermes pleaded and Apollo nodded hastily. "But what did you mean gain or lose depending how we touch you?"

Smiling in amusement and slight fear, Percy replied. "For gaining power it's quite simple; the more intimate a touch then the more power you get." He didn't like the way he said intimate but it was too late to go back now. "Right now I'm only holding your wrists so I'm not currently giving as much power as I would if we were, say, hugging. That's why I had to basically cuddle you two to wake you." He paused again as Hermes and Apollo avoided eye contact at the reminder.

"As the heart of the west moved from Greece to Rome and so on, the worship gradually decreased, correct?" After receiving the affirmative he went on, "The worship slowed and, as much as you gods hate to admit it, so did your power abilities. To receive a sudden boost back to your former selves it would come back down in a crash that would tire you out as soon as it wears down. In short, my touch is basically instant-worship."

He faltered, "I now realize that sounds weird." 

Hermes snickered and put his free hand on top of Percy's in his curiosity and was pleasantly surprised to feel even more power thrum through his veins. Apollo did the same and made a little 'ooh' sound. Percy smiled and tried to ignore the heat that most definitely rose to his cheeks as he noticed how well their hands fit on top of his.

"And losing?" Hermes said after a moment of basking in his new power.

"For losing," Percy hesitated before rushing out his sentences, "it's the opposite. If I hurt you, then you lose power- even if it is physical contact. I had to be careful when fighting gods but not when I was fighting.. others. In short, the more intimate the touch is, the more power and the more I hurt you.." He trailed off, staring at the sheets as to avoid any eye-contact. The 'if I hurt you enough, I can make you fade' left unsaid but understood nonetheless.

Apollo and Hermes exchanged glances and started a quick telepathic conversation.

"So this is why Ares was so tired when he came to my infirmary!"

"I can tell why he didn't want anyone to know. He'd either be forced into making contact or locked away in isolation as to not hurt anyone."

"Yes.. that does make sense. But how have we not noticed this before?"