chapter viii.

⌯ 013 ; shrine↷

⌯ 013 ; shrine↷

𓂃 𝆯 𓍯 𓏲 𔓘

"Are you sure you're not cheating?" Y/n asked, very suspicious of how Keisuke managed to win the game 4 times in a row.

Keisuke released a loud laugh, his hand resting on his stomach, "I'm not babe."

They spent nearly 2 hours talking, playing, eating, and admiring the scenery from the beach. It is true that time seems fly fast when you're with someone you like.

Keisuke and Y/n worked to tidy up their area and stuff everything into Keisuke's backpack. Afterwards they headed to Keisuke's motorcycle.

𓂃 𝆯 𓍯 𓏲 𔓘

As Keisuke parked his motorcycle, the solemn surrounding of the Musashi shrine welcomed them. There was no one else around but them, though she had no idea why Keisuke had brought her here. Regardless of that, she didn't mind, as long as she's with Keisuke.

She darted a peek at Keisuke, who seemed to be enjoying the admiring the place as well, closing his eyes and letting the cool breeze brush his skin, his loosened hair dancing in the breeze.

It was a sight Y/n would treasure for the rest of her life; She had no idea her heart is capable of beating loudly for someone. Keisuke inhaled the wind before opening his eyes, Y/n observed every emotion thay can be seen through Keisuke's eyes.

"This'll be the last time I'll visit this place." Keisuke's warm voice invaded Y/n's ears.

"If you don't mind, may I know why?"

Keisuke gave Y/n a glance before his lips curved into a smile.

"I need to save my friends, and in order to do that I've made a decision that's against my will."

For the first time since they've met she saw this side of Keisuke. Whenever they're together, he was always so strong and cheerful, and seeing this made Y/n grateful that Keisuke let her see this aspect of him.

She approach Keisuke and held his waist, comforting him of the struggle he was silently fighting. Y/n earnestly prayed that Keisuke would figure it out eventually and that his friends would understand whatever decision he makes.

"In every challenges you face I will always be by your side, everything's going to be okay."

Y/n could feel Baji's lips pressing unto her hair. As they both silently hugged each other, they savored the tranquility of the moment.

They finished their day with a meal at a fast food restaurant, after which Baji dropped Y/n off at school grounds, from afar he was standing with his hands buried on his pockets, as he watched Y/n enter a vehicle. He discreetly followed the vehicle till it reach the L/n's residence. Once he was assured that Y/n got home safely he maneuvered his motorcyle towards the place he despised. Valhalla's headquarters.

𓂃 𝆯 𓍯 𓏲 𔓘

"Y/n can you please go to the guidance office and ask for another set of attendance sheet?" It was again monday and the moment Y/n arrived at their classroom, her teacher asked her to do some errands.

She smiled at Mrs. Suzuki before nodding her head. She left her bag at her seat before exiting the room to go to the guidance office.

On her way, she noticed how student were busy with decorating the halls with cobwebs, banderitas with skeleton and spider etched on them, and of course, pumpkin. Which made her remember that Halloween is right around the corner.

After finishing her purpose for visiting the guidance office, she was on her way to get back to her classroom when Chifuyu's familiar hairstyle caught her eyes.

"Chifuyu!" She drew his attention by calling his name, her eyes squinted when she saw Chifuyu's appearance. It made her alarmed and worry.

Why is his face covered with bandages?

"L/n-san, it's nice seeing you, I apologize that I seldom join you and Baji-san."

"What happened to you Chifuyu? You seem off this past few days."

Y/n's question caught Chifuyu off guard; he hadn't expected her to notice the minor shift of his demeanor. He scratched his head, unable to figure where to begin.

"You see there's some huge misunderstanding going on lately, don't worry though I got this!"

Y/n roamed her eyes on Chifuyu's face, it was very visible that Chifuyu is in a critical condition.

"Who did this to you?"

Now fear is evident on Chifuyu's eyes, that made Y/n feel anger, perhaps the one who beat Chifuyu to pulp traumatized him, to the point that opening this topic is sensitive to him.

"It doesn't matter and I don't think you wanna know Y/n sa-" before he could even finish his sentence Y/n held his hand firmly.

"Who did this to you Chifuyu?"

Y/n could feel his hands trembling and sweating, Chifuyu gulped fearing of the possibilities that'll happen once he mention a name. The more seconds pass the more tense the atmosphere is.

"B-Baji-san."

---

a/n ; another update because I love that this book gets some recognition and I'm excited to write the conflict of the story. have a good day!꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡