Chapter 24: Preparations

"Taehyung, have you noticed that Namjoon and them all seemed stressed about something recently?" Jin asks as he and Taehyung grab some coffee during one of their breaks.

"Yeah. Jungkook isn't sleeping very much, and he always looks scared about something. He even took me to the bank the other day and put my name on his bank account and everything he owns." Taehyung sighs then takes a sip of his coffee.

"They aren't going to tell us, are they?" Jin quietly mumbles and his ears droop.

"That's why we'll confront them." Jimin says as he walks up to them.

"Definitely." Taehyung agrees as he slings his arm over his friend's shoulder.

When the doctors get home, Yoongi has made them a large dinner while the other two have set the table and cleaned the apartment.

"Oh yeah. We definitely need to ask them what is going on." Jimin mutters when he looks at the frazzled carnivores.

"Namjoon, what's going on?" Jin asks as he crosses his arms.

"I told you not to move the coffee table!" Namjoon whines and smacks Jungkook's arm.

"That's not what I'm asking. Why are you guys acting so weird?" Jin asks while squinting his eyes at his mate.

"I told you that we don't clean enough!" Jungkook yells at Namjoon.

"Still not what I'm asking." Jin sighs and slams his palm into his forehead.

"Then what are you asking?" Namjoon asks and hugs his stressed mate.

"Why are all of you so worried and scared?" Taehyung asks as he looks at Jungkook.

"Uh well it's just because of all of the restrictions." Jungkook mumbles and his ears droop.

"That's not the only thing. I know you better than you think." Taehyung tells Jungkook and lift Jungkook's face then looks into his eyes.

"The government is building a large barbed wire fence around Banes Borough." Jungkook mutters and places his forehead against Taehyung's.

"How long has this been going on?" Jin asks Namjoon.

"Three weeks now. They have a lot of workers, so it's almost finished." Namjoon quietly mutters and buries his face in Jin's shoulder.

"Are they going to separate us?" Jimin asks Yoongi when Yoongi walks out of the kitchen.

"No. I won't let anyone or anything separate us." Yoongi tells Jimin as he protectively holds Jimin.

"We're all going to be able to stay together, right?" Hoseok asks as he begins to fear being separated from his family.

"We'll all be ok, Hobi." Jin softly tells him and brings him into a hug.

"The food will get cold." Jimin mutters as he stays in Yoongi's embrace.

Yoongi softly chuckles then carries his mate to the dining room. The rest of the family quietly follows as they think about what is going to happen in the future.

"How much longer until it's finished?" Jin quietly asks Namjoon.

"Two weeks." Namjoon softly tells Jin and pulls him into his lap.

"They're going to have the carnivores and their families move there aren't they? That's why they had all of us register." Taehyung quietly mutters.

"Yeah, that's what we thought." Jungkook quietly tells Taehyung as he holds him in his arms.

Hyungsik stays quiet the whole time because he doesn't know what to say. His mate is afraid of being separated from his family. I don't know what to say, but I will do whatever I can to protect my family. Hobi has brought me into his beautiful family, and I will do whatever I can for them.