Chapter 31: Flutter

"Koo, we need to go buy groceries." Taehyung sighs as he looks into the empty refrigerator and cabinets.

"Ok. We'll have to walk because it's snowing. Will you be ok?" Jungkook asks as he looks at the piling snow.

"Yeah, I'll be ok. It'll be fun." Taehyung smiles and kisses Jungkook's soft lips.

"But, you haven't been feeling well recently." Jungkook frets as he nuzzles his face in Taehyung's neck.

"I've probably overworked myself with going from building to building in the snow. I'm ok." Taehyung smiles and cups his mate's face.

"I'll carry you to the store." Jungkook suggests as he wraps Taehyung's scarf around his neck.

"I like that." Taehyung happily giggles as Jungkook picks him up.

As Jungkook carries Taehyung through the snow, Taehyung plays with the straps of Jungkook's muzzle. He hates how they hurt Jungkook's soft, black ears.

When they arrive at the store, Jungkook gently sets Taehyung down then grabs a shopping cart. Taehyung happily hooks his arm in Jungkook's then they walk through the empty store. The winter snow has made it difficult for the stores to get the food and produce they need.

"When I was talking with Baekhyun hyung the other day, we thought about starting a community garden in the spring. We can learn how to pickle and dry the produce for the winter. I know this doesn't feed the carnivores, but it will help you not stress about your families missing food. Plus, the stores will be able to focus on getting meat for all of the carnivores. Also, we thought about drying the meat that people may not want to eat. If we buy chickens, we can hopefully have supplies of eggs throughout the winter. But, I don't know when chickens lay eggs." Jungkook happily listens to his mate's plans for the future. It gives him hope that they will survive this harsh place.

"We need to figure out a way to heat our apartments when the power goes out. The apartments are so poorly built that they don't hold heat. We've gone twelve hours without power. I am sure others are struggling to stay warm." Jungkook tells Taehyung as they start discussing how to improve the compound.

In the end, they are able to buy enough food to stretch for five days. They tried to not buy too much so that others would be able to have food to buy.

As they walk home, Taehyung smiles as he looks behind them and sees their foot prints in the snow. He gently leans against Jungkook and purrs when Jungkook wraps an arm around his waist.

Once they are home, Taehyung portions out their food. Jungkook quietly watches then sighs when he sees Taehyung try to sneak some of his food to Jungkook's portion.

"Pup, stop." Jungkook softly tells Taehyung and puts the food back in Taehyung's portion.

"What? I'm smaller. I eat less." Taehyung points out and puts the food back with Jungkook's portion.

"You've already given yourself very little food." Jungkook fusses and tries to take the food.

"I have rice. Rice goes a long way." Taehyung tells Jungkook as he puts the food away.

"Pup, you've been throwing up." Jungkook sighs and rests his face in Taehyung's shoulder.

"I'll be ok." Taehyung smiles and leads Jungkook to their room.

As they cuddle on the bed, they fluff their tails and try to keep in their body heat. Jungkook patiently waits for the power to come back on as he makes sure he has Taehyung completely tucked away. However, he watches as the sun begins to set, and their breath shows when they breathe.

"Are you warm?" Jungkook asks as he curls up tighter, trying to keep Taehyung warm.

"I'm warm. Are you?" Taehyung asks with worry as he looks up at Jungkook.