He Knows Now, How Hard It Was

{Characters}
Little!Tommy, CG!Wilbur, (also Phil & Techno)

Tw: Exile arc stuff, branding, manipulation, cursing, crying/sobbing, yelling, throwing up (barely mentioned)
Be safe- exile arc mentions is very angst

[Let me know if I missed anything]
________________________________

Wilbur was ecstatic. Dream was out of prison! The guy who brought him back, back to his family, his friends, his Tommy. He and Dream had their differences, I mean that was the whole reason L'Manburg wars started, but he put that aside. He didn't let his pride get in the way of being able to go back. He wasn't actually really sure Dream could do that, but when he woke up atop a large crater, he no longer doubted. Now, he can thank him! He should be around the server somewhere.
So Wilbur traveled, across Las Nevdadas, and through wooded areas, the prime path- and found..
L'Manburg's walls..?

Tommy was terrified. Dream was out of prison! The guy who tortured him, his family, his friends. He couldn't live through that again, he just couldn't..
So he took every precaution he could think of, building walls, putting his valuable items away, keeping Shroud safe. And even though he felt selfish doing it, I mean, everyone was effected by Dream.. he asked people to look out for him, he couldn't do this alone. Dream was coming for him, and he was panicking. He had considered moving underground to bedrock.
He was exhausted right now, emotionally, physically, mentally, but he couldn't rest, he wasn't going to allow himself to. So he built his walls higher, stronger, and thicker.. even if a familiar feeling prodded the back of his mind. He pushed it away, like he did in exile, like in Pogtopia, like in mid L'Manburg times when nobody knew.
His mind was incredibly cloudy, he just had to protect himself, protect his things, his friends, his-

"OI!" Wilbur called up to Tommy, who was up very high on the walls that threw him off.

Tommy looked down, fuck.. not now, I'm busy-

"Toms! Come down here for a minute!"

Tommy sighed, and climbed down from the height he was at.
"What Wil? I'm busy, I don't know if you heard, but Dream kinda sorta fuckin escaped from prison so I'm trying not to-"
Tommy was cut off,
"YES! That's what I'm here to talk to you about, have you seen him?"

Tommy hesitated, Wilbur was being weird again.
"..Yeah Wil, I saw him.. he said he.. Wil, he tried to-"
Tommy started to struggle with his words, if it was the fuzziness prodding harder at his skull, how terrified he is, or both, he didn't know.
"What did he say? Did he say something about me?" Wilbur looked at him with stars in his eyes, clearly not noticing how completely frazzled Tommy was.
"..Did he what?" Tommy began to remember how Wilbur said he thought higher of Dream after his revival, and realized this wasn't what he thought it was.
"..Look Wil, I-"

"Oh, I would love to speak to him! He's the one who brought me back, dare I say he's actually respectable now, I mean he got out of prison! An incredibly high security prison might I add, it's quite impressive. Do you know he did it?"
Wilbur was practically jumping with joy, while Tommy was practically blowing steam out of his ears.

He didn't say anything to that.

Wilbur, of course, took that as his cue to keep talking.

"Man he's so good at like.. everything, I know we weren't on the best of terms before I was revived, but I put that aside!"
And just when Tommy thought it wouldn't get worse,
"And Toms! He brought me back to you! I don't think I could ever repay him, he's.. nice..!-"

The push of a glass full of water atop a kitchen counter.

"SHUT UP. SHUT UP WIL. JUST STOP FUCKING TALKING!"