You can't see me

Morioh. 2318

Shizuka Joestar never met her biological parents. She didn't really mind that though. If she had, she wouldn't be a part of the family that raised her. The Joestars were a wonderful, albeit weird family. No, the only regret she truly had in her life was that she didn't get to spend as much time as she would have liked with her parents, Joseph and Suzy Joestar. They were both already ninety years old when they adopted Shizuka, so it wasn't exactly unexpected for them to pass on. Still, it was sad for young Shizuka. She was only two years old at the time of her mother's death, and three when her father followed suit. After Joseph's death Shizuka was left under her brother Josuke's care. She enjoyed living with Josuke a lot. He was friendly, and he treated her well. With Josuke, it was almost like she had two families, the Joestars, and the Morioh Warriors, the hero agency Josuke founded with his friends. She found a goofy pal in Okuyasu Nijimura, a reliable supporter in Koichi Hirose, a doting mother figure in Koichi's wife Yukako, and a stern but fair teacher in Rohan Kishibe.

Shizuka also had something in common with all of these people. Her quirk was of a special variety. Quirks come in four types; emitter, transformation, mutation, and stand. Stands are the rarest type of quirk, and they manifest in many strange ways, some even acting more like the other types of quirks than anything else, but they all carry a unique energy signature. That was because stands are influenced directly by the user's soul, rather than being akin to a muscle like other types of quirks. Because of this, learning to understand and control her quirk was always going to be a complicated endeavor. But with fellow stand users helping her, Shizuka would have a much easier time.

Shizuka's stand was called Achtung Baby, and it possessed the ability to turn her invisible. As she grew up, she eventually learned how to turn off that ability, but she had always wished that there was more to her power than something a transformation or mutation quirk could achieve. But no matter what she tried, she could never seem to manifest any other abilities. With the invisibility turned off, her appearance consisted of brown eyes and bobbed black hair.

One day, Shizuka was walking home from school, and she crossed a street she crossed every single day on her commute to and from school. This street was a standard part of her routine, and Josuke always stressed the importance of looking both ways before crossing. So Shizuka was always careful with just that. Shizuka reached the edge of the sidewalk, where the path opened into the road, and the white stripes of the crosswalk were in clear view. She looked to her left. No cars anywhere in sight. She looked to her right. Not a single car. Shizuka stepped into the road and began to walk. And as she reached the middle of the crosswalk, a car came barreling down the road at a blazing 130 Kmh. Shizuka caught a glimpse of the car, and in an instant, it had reached her. She closed her eyes and braced, and then... the sound of metal bending, and a car making an immediate stop. Shizuka opened her eyes, and there it was. In all its glory, Achtung Baby's physical body. It was lanky, but muscular nonetheless. It looked to be covered in white bandages, with a vaguely star-shaped head, eyes covered by pink goggles, and around its neck was what appeared to be pink fur.

Achtung Baby's fist was buried in the hood of the car and the driver appeared to be buried in an airbag. Shizuka grabbed her cellphone and immediately called the police. Then, she called Josuke, and told him rather excitedly about how her stand finally had a body. She seemed ecstatic for someone who was seconds away from being flattened. Needless to say, Josuke would go on to walk Shizuka to and from school from that point onward.

So there's Shizuka's origin chapter. I know these have been a little short and quick, but things will hopefully get lengthier when we get into the story a bit more. Also, Shizuka and Achtung Baby's appearances are both based on this art piece.

 Also, Shizuka and Achtung Baby's appearances are both based on this art piece

I'm not sure who made it, but it is excellent. If anyone knows please tell me! Anyway, thanks for reading.