Dynamite and a Bubblebeam

Mt. Fuji Shizuoka Airport. 2325

Yoshihara loved her mothers. She loved them more than anything else in the world. But she would never understand why they thought it was a good idea to bring FUCKING FOO FIGHTERS with them to Japan. Yoshihara knew that her parents were in a fairly unique situation, given that their fifteen-year-old daughter was more mature than their close personal friend, but that didn't mean that they should bring F.F. all the way to Musutafu. And if Foo Fighters was a handful normally, they were a nightmare when they were thirsty. Jolyne warned F.F. to buy more water before the flight, but they spent all their money on buying at least one issue of EVERY TYPE OF MAGAZINE IN THE NEWS STAND! Yoshihara figured it would probably fit better to say that curiosity killed the plankton from now on.

"Mamá, can you please remind me why we brought F.F. with us?" Jolyne had taken Foo Fighters to the restroom so they could drink out of the toilet bowl instead of the water fountain, leaving Ermes and Yoshihara alone. "And what were we supposed to do? Annasui's not fit to take care of them, Weather's out of town, and Emporeo's seventeen. We were the only ones who could take them." Yoshihara, not feeling particularly sympathetic to the poor plankton's plight, responded, "F.F. is a fully grown colony of plankton possessing a deceased human body, they can take care of themself." "Yoshihara Josefumi Kira, you know better than that. I'm really not feeling your attitude right now. Remember why we came all the way here, young lady."

Jolyne chose that time to come to her daughter's rescue, "Babe, Yo Jo's probably just tired. It's a long way from Palm Beach to Shizuoka. What we all need to do is get to our hotel and take a nap." Behind her, Stone Free was carrying Foo Fighters who had apparently collapsed face first into a toilet bowl, completely exhausted. By the time the group got through baggage claim, the jet lag had hit them all, and Kiss was carrying an unconscious Yoshihara, as Jolyne and Ermes brought their luggage to the pick up area. Thank god for Jotaro's convenient timing, as he pulled up right when the group got outside.

"Hey there, girls. Looks like you're running on fumes. Get in, I'll handle the bags." A weak, " Thanks, dad," was all Jolyne could offer. Jolyne sat in the middle of the back seat, with F.F. on her left, and Ermes taking her right, and Yoshihara sitting in the front passenger seat. Jolyne and Ermes were both asleep almost instantaneously upon taking their seats, but the slamming of the trunk only jolted Yoshihara awake. She saw Killer queen manifested above her taking a ready position. She deactivated her stand. She would have been proud of her quick reaction time, if not for the fact that she never spent a day practicing her reflexes in her life. That reaction time was built on pure trauma. Jotaro taking his seat next to her jolted her from her thoughts.

"So how are you doing? It's good to see you." Jotaro was never a friendly person in general, but any pretense of a prickly exterior was always dropped when it came to his granddaughter. Yoshihara honestly appreciated that she got to be one of four people he truly dropped his guard around, the other three being her mother, Jolyne, her great-grandmother, Holly, and Jotaro's old friend Jean Pierre Polnareff. "Same old same old, I guess." "You're not the least bit excited for the U.A. hero course?" "We don't know for sure that I'll get in," Yoshihara, ever the realist, replied. " I do. Sure being the daughter of, and recommended by the number two hero in America certainly helps, but I know you have what it takes to get in no matter what." Jotaro was always very encouraging toward Yoshihara. He he had turned out to be a better grandfather than a father, because his time helping Jolyne save the world seemed to have changed him for the better. "Thanks grandpa."

3 weeks later

Today was the day of the entrance exam. Yoshihara Kira stood outside the gates of U.A. Highschool. She was filled with uncertainty. She wasn't sure if she really belonged here. She'd just be a fraud. A Kira, pretending to be a Joestar. A murderer, trying to become a hero. A worthless piece of shit trying to make something of herself. NOTHING. TRYING TO BECOME SOMETHING WORTH ANYTHING, WHEN SHE ONLY EXISTED TO SUFFER AND ENTERTAIN-