𝘅𝗶𝘃. liwanag.

Chapter 14: light.

"I feel okay when I see you smile, smile."

Disclaimer: a little mature content but not steamy and detailed. 

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Mayari rolled her eyes.

She was combing her hair after getting dressed when she spotted her husband answer the phone. She knew who it was because she saw the phone light up and Hanan's name plastered on his phone, which he quickly answered.

She saw him in her mirror, smiling, and God knows what they were talking about. The wine and glasses from the previous night had vanished, most likely because he had already placed them downstairs.

She grabbed her bag and quickly opened and closed the door loudly enough for him to hear; she didn't bother saying goodbye, not that he would mind.

When she heard their door open, she hurried down the stairs; when she heard his voice calling her name, she opened their front door and apparated beside her shop.

"Hello, sister," Celine smiled as May opened the door. "You're the second one to arrive, despite the fact that you should be the first since you're the owner, but you could toss the 'I owned this shop and I could be here or not,' which, by the way, you've never said in a year."

"By the way, nice bracelet and necklaces," she added, to which May smiled and dashed to the kitchen. "That was rude, no hi or hello to your gorgeous sister? not even a good morning? no? okay," Celine scoffed.

Celine was going to follow her sister when she heard wind chimes. Her gaze was drawn to it, and she was surprised to see who it was.

Harry.

"Why, hello there, Potter," Celine said with a smile. "You're early, which is always a wonderful surprise, isn't it?"

"Where's May?" he asks, entirely ignoring her query, which caused her brow to furrow.

"In the kitchen," she responds. "Why are you two fighting? I wouldn't be surprised, she wasn't in a pleasant mood when she entered the shop."

"Just a little misunderstanding."

"Is my other sister involved in your misunderstanding?" she inquired, her gaze fixed on him. "I'm referring to Hanan; is she a part of your and May's misunderstanding? What did you do?"

"That's between me and my wife," Harry responds. "Can I talk to May?"

"It depends if she wants to talk to you," she answers. "I'll ask her and stay in your place, Potter." Harry nodded as he watched her figure walk to the kitchen, his gaze wandering around.

He furrowed his brow when he spotted a term he didn't recognize; it wasn't French or anything, but it could be a writing system in Korean or Chinese. It was elegantly sculpted in the wall that drew his attention to it.

"You're the gleam of your life; be the moon in your life's darkness, and let the light from it glisten in the ocean as you swim in your life's waves," a voice stated, causing Harry jump a little. It was Celine who chuckled at what he did. "That is what it means; May wanted to put that on there since she made that quote when she was planning to open a coffee shop."