Chapter 4 - Vanessa

I never believed in ghosts.

But that was until I stared into the eyes of my aunt's doppelganger.

Literally.

Felicity De Luca was an exact replica of my aunt.

I narrowed my eyes and observed Felicity from afar.

There was no denying that she was a strikingly beautiful young woman with her fiery red hair and piercing blue-grey eyes. Her flawless appearance, from the impeccable makeup to her perfectly manicured nails, exuded a regal aura, as if she were a queen of her own domain.

The only difference between her and Aunt Amberly was there was no small scar trailing across her left eyebrow. I would know that scar...since I was the one who it there.

"Vanessa..." she trailed, her blue eyes filling with unshed tears. She swallowed hard. "N-no. I am not Amberly. I'm Felicity. You mother."

I was staring at my mother.

Who just happened to look like my murdered aunt.

That's it. It was official. I was insane.

Or dreaming. Probably both.

Travis apparated out of site, leaving me alone with...my mother.

"H-hi," I stuttered.

Felicity stepped forward but stopped when I flinched.

I felt a pang of guilt at the hurt on her face, but I couldn't bring myself to trust her. Not yet.

Felicity's voice shook as she spoke, "I know this must be overwhelming for you, Vanessa. But please, let me explain everything."

"Okay." Thank god. Finally, someone would give me some answers. Even if it was from the woman who abandoned me.

"Tomorrow."

"What?" I looked at her, confused.

"I'll explain everything tomorrow. You need some rest."

I opened my mouth to protest but shut it almost immediately. I couldn't argue with someone who was related to Amberly and who looked like her. Not until I knew her motives.

Seeming to sense my frustration Felicity swiftly changed the subject. "I'll take you to your room."

She led me upstairs to the fourth floor. She paused, at the first bedroom. "This is our bedroom, Viktor's and mine," she said.

Viktor Valentino De Luca. My father.

"Where is V-Viktor?" I stumbled over his name. It was the first time I said his name out loud.

Felicity's face softened. "He is in America with the boys for a business meeting. They should arrive tomorrow afternoon."

Oh. That relieved some of the stress. At least I had time to regain my control before he arrived.

"But don't worry," Felicity's smile faltered slightly as she led me into another room. "Angelo is still here."

My brow furrowed in confusion. "Angelo? Who is Angelo?"

She paused, the smile slowly fading from her face. "Angelo is your older brother."

My jaw dropped in shock. I had a brother? How was this possible?

"I have a brother?!" I gasped, trying to keep my emotions in check.

Felicity cleared her throat, her voice tinged with discomfort. "Actually, you have five."