Beginning, chapter 1

KurukshetraDay 16Chapter-1

Kurukshetra
Day 16
Chapter-1

After learning of the deceptive way his father was killed, Ashwatthama became filled with wrath and invoked the celestial weapon called the Narayanastra, against the Pandavas. When the weapon was invoked, violent winds began to blow, peals of thunder are heard, and an arrow pierced every Pandava soldier.

This had put fear into the Pandava army, but Krishna by stopping the troops advised that the army lay down all its weapons and surrender to the weapon. As himself being the incarnation of Narayana, he knew about the weapon, as the weapon only targets an armed person while ignoring unarmed ones. After getting their soldiers to disarm (including Bhima with some difficulty), the astra passed by harmlessly. Narayanastra failed to harm Krishna as he himself is an incarnation of Narayana.

When urged by Duryodhana to use the weapon again, desirous of victory, Aswatthama sadly responded that if the weapon is used again, it would turn on its user. Narayanastra destroyed one Akshauhini of Pandava army completely. After the use of Narayanastra, a terrible war between both armies took place. Ashvatthama defeated Dhrishtadyumna in direct combat, but failed to kill him as Satyaki covered his retreat.

By using an ordinary bow Ashwatthama fired millions of arrows at a time which resulted in the stupefaction of Arjuna himself. Then after some time he again overpowered Arjuna as Lord Krishna and Arjuna were bathed in blood but at last Arjuna pierced his steeds and steeds carried Ashwatthama away and also his weapons were exhausted.

King Malayadhwaja of Pandya Kingdom was one of the mightiest warrior of Pandavas and on that day he fought brilliantly against Ashwatthama. After a long duel of Archery between them Ashwatthama made Malayadhwaja carless, weaponless and had obtained an opportunity to kill him on the spot but he spared him temporarily for more fight.

Then Malayadhwaja proceeded against Ashwatthama on an elephant and sped a powerful lance which destroyed latter’s diadem.Then Ashwathama cut off the head and arms of Malayadhwaja and also killed 6 followers of Malayadhwaja. All the great warriors of Kauravas then applauded him for his act.

Then Bhima headed to kill Dussasana. Bhima engaged in duel with Dushasana. First they fought by means of archery. Bhima broke Dushasana's bow. Dushasana took sword, Bhima cut off sword. Bhima cut all weapons in similar manner till Dushasana took mace. When Dushasana took up mace, Bhima also took his mace. Soon both started mace duel with each other. Bhima beat Dushasana many times with his mace. Bhima broke Dushyasana's mace. Both of them began wrestling. Finally Bhima defeated and brutally killed Dussasana in front of Duryodhana.

Bhima killed Dussashana by separating and detaching his hands from the body. Bhima beat Dussashana in heart region. Bhima squeezed blood from Dussasana's heart and dressed Draupadi's hair. Bhima also drank off remaining blood and fulfilled his oath.

And the day ended with the mix sounds loud wails and celebrations sounds from each camp.

...............................................................

Pov:- the whole chapter has been created with the help of Wikipedia, as i feel it was very hard to write these plot without help(for me).

Thank you for reading.