Wired Nerves

The young taicho's throat felt dry as he tried not to think about the many things going on. He still needed to plan for the event, and he found himself cracking his knuckles as he looked at the day calendar he kept important dates on. Few dates were ever entered into the calendar. His fingers twisted his writing utensil around in his finger. "Surely writing down the important dates should be easier in this case then writing the letter inviting her."

His dragon hummed in the background obviously amused by the current situation. "You're worried if you put the wrong note into the calendar Rangiku will know your plans and she'll tease you. You're also worried about what you need to do in regards to planning any kind of event which involved socialization with others."

A sigh of frustration escaped the boy's lips as he rubbed the back of his neck. His skin felt sticky as his nervousness was causing him to sweat which meant taking a shower would in fact be needed more then usual. He also heard a clicking sound as he tried thinking about the situation and almost slapped a hand over his mouth at the tick he'd picked up from Rangiku. "Sheesh."

His teal eyes darted up to where Rangiku worked at doing her own paperwork, and he swallowed as he tried to piece together why the woman would suddenly act in a manner she usually didn't act. He couldn't place a finger on why she was acting the way she was and it bothered him, and even made him more leery of letting something slip about his play date with Karin.

Looking down at his calendar he carefully wrote down notes of when he would go to purchase the reciprocation gifts for Yachiru, Rangiku and Momo. His lips pushed together when he thought of Momo and he felt he placed his hands onto the table. "She's another person I don't want to know about this. She... she really... I don't even want to think of what she'll do. She..."

An involuntary shudder came over him. Rangiku's voice came from the desk. "Are you all right taicho?"

"You're talking to me again Matsumoto?" A silence came over the room as the boy jerked his head up. "What?" He looked at the woman as she stared at him, and he remembered how the conversation which caused Matsumoto to give him the silent treatment. Toshiro felt his shoulders relax, and he leaned back in his chair. "I'm not going to apologize to you as I really don't have anything to apologize for."

The woman quickly looked away. "I guess I've got to get used to the idea you're growing up."

Toshiro stared for a few seconds as his head titled slightly to the side. "What exactly does that mean?"

"All little boys go through a pervert stage."

Two teal eyes blinked before widening, and then Toshiro's voice cracked. "Did you... did you just call me a little kid and a pervert at the same time." Something made him want to storm off, or yell at her, but something else caused him to freeze up – something he couldn't quite place. He glanced away and finally stood up in a clam manner without writing down any notes into his calendar.

The young taicho folded his arms across his chest and tucked his thin hands into his sleeves. "Exactly what do I need to do in order to plan for a play date. Why am I as nervous as I am?"

The boy kept walking until he found himself in front of the eighth division. His teal eyes blinked a couple of times before heading inside. The fukutaicho of the eighth division was working on her paperwork when she looked up at the boy. "Hitsugaya Taicho."

"When you and Matsumoto go out on one of those... I think you call them woman's night out. What kind of planning do you do?"

"We pretty much plan where we're going to go." Nanao leaned back in her chair and set down her writing instrument. "Are you all right Hitsugaya Taicho?"