𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙈𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙡

ACT TWO. CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

REGULUS WAS AWOKEN BY ONE OF THE COMPELLED BUTLERS, to come downstairs, so he could try on different suits.

After he showered and got ready he went downstairs. All of the Mikaelsons were choosing different shoes, dresses and suits for the big event.

"Morning," Regulus mumbled. He took a seat on the same couch as Rebekah. He made sure to leave enough space between them.

"Rebekah," Kol called out. "Tell me how handsome I am." He smirked looking at himself through the mirror.

She looked at her freshly done nails, "Kol, You know I can't be compelled." They wordlessly looked at each other.

Klaus stormed into the room, "You went after Elena." He accused Rebecca. "What is wrong with you ?"

"Here we go." She sat up straighter with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Do you want a dagger in your heart ?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threat ?" Kol threw in. "Don't you have any other tricks ?"

Klaus turned around to face Kol. "Oh go back to staring at yourself." He faced Rebecca again.

"And who are you ?" Kol asked. "My father ?"

Klaus gave him a sharp look "No, Kol. But you are in my house."

"Then perhaps, we should go outside." They stared each other down.

"Enough." Esther appeared out of nowhere. "Niklaus," She began, "Come," she ordered as they walked out of the room, leaving the rest of them alone.

After Kol was finished it was his turn to step up on the platform. Klaus walked into the room again and sat down with a big box on his lap. Regulus watched him through the mirror.

"What's this ?" He asked curiously. Klaus looked down at the box. "It's a dress and an invitation to the ball. Do you want to see it ?" Rebekah noticed how his whole demeanour changed whenever he talked to Regulus.

"Yes." Klaus opened the box and pulled out the most beautiful dress he has ever laid his eyes on. It was a long blue dress with gemstones building a corset that looked straight out of a fairytale. "It used to belong to a beautiful princess–" Rebekah put up a silencing hand.

"Nik," Rebekah began. "I better hope for you that you're not going to give it to Caroline." Klaus ignored her question and watched how the stylists put Regulus' suit on him.

"How's it going ?" He asked him. Regulus looked at himself in the mirror. It made him sad. The last time he wore a suit he was going to the dance with Stiles. He forced a smile.

"Wonderful." He said. "What do you think ?" Klaus got up and slowly approached him. "Turn around," Regulus did as he was told. He felt nervous under his judging eye.

"Nik, you're scaring the poor boy." Rebekah said without having to look up. Elijah suppressed a smile. He looked exactly like his father.

"It's too long on the ankles and the suit jacket is too big. Correct that." He ordered the woman who designed it. "Yes, sir."

"Have you lost weight ?" Klaus asked him. Regulus looked at himself. "I don't know." Klaus dropped next to Rebekah again. Regulus changed and gave the suit back to the stylist.

He sat back next to Klaus and texted Stiles about what he was doing. He put his phone back into his pocket. Half an hour later the stylist was finished. Only Elijah, Klaus and him were left.