Ignorance Is A Poison

Celestia

          I look at myself in the mirror across from the bed and smile. My hand goes up to feel the velvet collar and I sigh happily. There was a time when I thought that I would never end up in a wonderful situation like this. Especially after Mike ended things with me for the last time. But here I am, with a man who showed me nothing but love. Not only does he love me and I love him, but he also made me love myself in a way I never thought I could.
"Good morning my princess," says Ramon as he plants kisses all over my shoulders and neck. 
"Good morning, my love."
"Did you sleep well?"
"I did, I always do when you're by my side," I say, turning around to face him.
          He takes my right leg and moves it so that I straddle him. I lay on his chest, letting his breathing move me as he combs his hands through my hair. Out peaceful moment gets interrupted when my phone rings from the nightstand. Ramon grabs it and hands it over to me.
"It's my mom."
"Are you not going to answer it?"
"I am, but, I'm just confused, we haven't talked in a year," I say as I answer the phone.
"Hello?"
"Celestia, thank God. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"
"I just heard that Mike kidnapped you and I panicked. It's all over the news honey."
"Wait. What?"
"Yes honey, there are pictures he took of you and some billionaire, Ramon Osgood right? I must say, some of those pictures concern me. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yes, I am mom," I say as I move to grab the remote for the TV. I turn it on and shuffle through the channels until I see the news. There was a picture of Ramon and me in bed, a picture of me dancing at the club, and another picture of me sitting at my desk.
"Oh my God, Mom how much do you know, what did the news say?"
"They said that Mike took you back to this home in Tennessee and held you there for days. Then they said that Ramon went to Tennessee to find you and when he did he killed him. After seeing those pictures as well, C, I'm worried about you, how could you not tell your mother about this?"
"I-I don't know, I'm sorry, we haven't talked in a while and I didn't think it'd be this big of an issue. Who released the photos anyway? We didn't permit that. And Ramon didn't kill anyone-"
"Well, they found him dead a few yards away from his house in the woods."
"Well, I'm telling you it wasn't Ramon, when he found me he took me straight home, my friend James was there as well. What the fuck is wrong with people, butting into people's personal lives like this?"
"I don't know but, I'm coming to see you. And I don't want to hear anything. I'm coming whether you like it or not."
"I'm not gonna be at the apartment."
"Then where are you now?"
"I'm living with Ramon."
"That's fine, I'll be there by the afternoon. Send me the address."
"Mom you can't just-"
"Don't test me, young lady, I want to make sure my baby is safe."
"Fine." I sigh. "I'll see you later."
"I love you. I'll be there soon."
"I love you too mom," I reply and hang up.
"What happened sweetheart?"
"My mom is coming to see me."
"What's wrong with that?"
"She can be a handful at times,"
"Aren't all mothers?"
"I guess so, but we need to head back to New York. I think-"
          Ramon's phone rings. We both look at it and he picks it up, answering it.
"Slow down. No, I haven't said anything to anyone. Alright, I'll be there soon."
"Who was that?"
"My lawyer, rumors are spreading around that I killed Mike."
"That's what my mom told me,"
"Yeah, it's fine though, Thank God I brought James with me, otherwise, I wouldn't have anything to back me up. Alright, let's go see Wyatt and then we gotta go."

          We get up from the bed and we rush to put on our clothes. When we finish, we walk to Wyatt's and knock on the door. Aurora opens it and looks at us questionably.
"Y'all okay? You looked pissed more than terrified."
"We are," Ramon responds.
"Celestia, just keep your head up, it'll be over soon before you know it."
"You already know what's happening?"
"Gosh, it's on every TV station. They really have it out for the both of you."
"Both of us?" I question. "What did I do?"
"Nothing, it's just a bunch of women trying to get under your skin as well as get their fifteen minutes of fame."
"I just want to go back to yesterday," I sigh and squeeze my eyes shut.
"We're gonna be fine princess," whispers Ramon as he pulls me close and kisses the top of my head. "Thank you Aurora, tell Wyatt he can have the rest of the week off as well."
"You're welcome, get there safe you two," she says as we walk away.

__________

          When we step out of the car, reporters, journalists, and random females engulf us. Ramon tightens his grip on me as they attack us with questions and claims.
"Did you kill Mike?"
"What is Celestia to you?"
"What's your relationship with Mike Celestia?"
"Are you a stripper?"

          I close my eyes and try desperately to close them out as we walk to the front of the house.
"I'm giving everyone five seconds to get off my property, or I'm fining all of you for trespassing," says Ramon boldly.
          He unlocks the door and we step inside, locking it behind us. I move the blinds, I see them retreating and getting into vans, driving away. I sigh and rub my temple.
"I'm sorry, my love," says Ramon as he pulls me in for a tight hug.
"Sorry for what? This isn't your fault. People are just ignorant."
"I know, but you're clearly upset, and you know I don't like seeing you upset baby."
"I'll be fine, let's just clear everything up and get this situation out of everyone's heads."
"Alright, first let's get some food in you, then we'll go to my lawyer and figure everything out."
"Don't forget we have to be back before my mother gets here."
"I didn't forget, I have a car waiting for her at the airport that will bring her here.
"Okay, thank you."
"Anything for you princess."