you wake her for cuddles

You closed your eyes and tried to fall asleep to the sound of Jinni's soft breaths coming from beside you as she sleeps soundly.

But the longer you laid there, the more restless you became, and you found yourself letting out a groan of frustration as you opened your eyes.

Sitting up in bed, you brushed your fingers through your hair before looking at the clock on your nightstand.

It's almost four-fifteen am and you're still wide-awake, unfortunately.

Your sweet girlfriend Jinni, however, has been sound asleep for the last four and a half hours, since you both laid down in bed and called it a night.

You've never felt more thankful than you do now for the fact that you and Jinni both have the day off tomorrow because you fear you won't get any sleep or be able to function like a normal person at this point.

About to say you've had enough with laying wide awake, you considered going downstairs or even across the hall to one of the guest rooms.

But one idea came to your mind just as you prepared to throw your legs over the mattress to get up, you thought about Jinni and how the warmth of her embrace always tends to bring you comfort and security.

Even if it didn't help you fall asleep, cuddling with her would help to make you feel warmer and safer and would help you to relax, which you need right now.

As much as you didn't want to wake Jinni because you know she's so exhausted, you knew you were in need of some cuddles from her more than you needed anything else.

"Jinni?" You whispered in the dark, reaching across the bed to gently tap her shoulder. "Jinni, baby?"

She let out a soft sound before she stretched out her legs and then opened her eyes.

"Y/N? What's going on? What time is it?"

"About four-thirty am."

"It's our day off, we don't have to be up at any particular time. Why are you waking me so early?" She mumbled sadly.

You felt bad for waking her, you weren't going to deny it.

"I'm so sorry, Jinni. I haven't fallen asleep yet, I just wanted to see if we could cuddle?"

"You haven't gotten any sleep at all yet, darling?" She asked as sleep became the least of her concern and you became her top priority.

"Sadly, no. I just can't get comfortable enough to even try any longer. I'm restless and stressed about it."

"Well, don't be. I've got you. Come on, lay with me."

You happily curled up close to her and put your head on her chest.

She made sure you were both covered up with the blanket before she cuddled you close.

Your legs were tangled, her arms were wrapped around you, and you listened to the beat of her heart in your ear as it helped you relax.

"Are you tired at all?"

You shrugged your shoulders.

"Somewhat."

"Okay, we'll just see what happens then."

"Jinni, you can go back to sleep. I know you're exhausted and I disturbed your sleep so go ahead and get some rest. Just because I can't sleep doesn't mean you shouldn't."

"Well, too bad so sad, because I'm not tired anymore. I just want to be with you."

That wasn't the complete truth; she was tired, so tired.

But she meant the last part with her whole heart and she wasn't going back to sleep until you did.

"I love you." She said as she kissed your head softly.

"I love you too, Jinni." You smiled and closed your eyes, starting to fall asleep as she played with your hair and held you close.

She smiled to herself, staring at you with heavy eyes but an adoring gaze.

You truly are her whole entire world, she loves you more than anything else.

And she knows that the feeling is mutual.

You feel the same way, wholeheartedly.

She started to sing your favorite song quietly, helping to lull you to sleep, and she didn't stop doing that or playing with your hair for a few minutes.

"Are you awake, y/n?"

She didn't get a response.

You'd fallen asleep, finally.

"Goodnight, sweet girl. Have sweet dreams. I won't let you go tonight, I promise. I love you so much." She said before closing her eyes, falling back asleep with a smile on her face.