she snaps at you when she's tired - part two (requested)

The sound of the front door opening and closing alerted you that Jinni had arrived home.

You could hear her running up the stairs and calling out your name as she ran to your shared bedroom.

"Y/N? Y/N, are you here?" Jinni asked before appearing in the doorway of the bedroom.

"What do you want, Jinni?" You asked in annoyance.

"I hurried home as fast as I could. Why are you packing a bag?" She asked as she made her way to you.

"Because after what happened, I'm going to stay with a friend for a few days." You said as you continued putting a few things into your duffle bag.

"But..." She said, swallowing the lump appearing in her throat. "I came home right away so we could talk."

"Okay, fine. We can talk. But I don't know if that's going to change how I feel." You said as you looked at her.

Jinni knew she'd messed up badly from the moment you walked out of the practice room.

But seeing you pack your bags told her that she'd messed up even worse than she thought she did.

"Are you leaving me?" She asked with a look of fear in her eyes.

That was her biggest fear; losing you.

And if she did lose you today, she knew she'd have no one to blame but herself, making it even more painful.

"I don't know. I need to go away for a few days to think." You said.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fix everything, Jinni!" You snapped. "You said a lot of things today, things I never expected to hear come out of your mouth. I don't know how to feel about it all or what to think. I just can't believe you acted that way."

"I know. I can't believe it either." She said as she sat down at the edge of the bed. "I heard the words coming out of my mouth but I couldn't stop them."

"Why'd you say any of it?"

"I don't know." She said as she bit her lip nervously. "I'm tired, I'm stressed, I just snapped."

"Well, you didn't have to take it out on me."

"I know that. You didn't deserve any of it. I'm truly sorry."

"Good." You said as you zipped up your bag.

Putting it over your shoulder, you turned around to start to make your way out of the bedroom and downstairs.

But Jinni stopped you before you could leave the room.

"Please don't hate me."

"I don't hate you." You sighed. "I'm just disappointed, Jinni. My feelings are hurt and I'm really upset that those words came out of your mouth."

She hung her head in shame.

"All I wanted was to make sure you were okay because I know you have a lot going on right now and I worried that you'd forget to eat or take care of yourself the way you deserve. I did not deserve to be talked to the way you spoke to me."

"I know." She said as she held back her tears. "I love you though. I hope you know I didn't mean any of it and that I would never hurt you like that if I were in the right frame of mind. I love you too much to do that."

"I love you too." You spoke before shaking your head. "But I don't know if I can be with you anymore after the way you treated me. That's why I need some space."

"I get it." She nodded. "Just promise me that you'll think carefully and know that I'm terribly sorry and I'll do anything to make it better. Anything."

"Yeah." You said before sighing. "I should go."

Jinni watched you walk away before she heard the front door close a moment later.

She sat back down as it sank in.

You left her.

And she didn't know if you'd ever come back home again.