admiring her from afar (requested)

"Hey, Y/N!" Jinni grinned as she opened her front door to find you standing there.

"Hey, Jinni." You said, smiling back at her.

"I didn't expect for you to come over today."

"Well, it's your day off. I figured it'd be fun to spend time with my best friend for the first time in forever."

She stepped aside and let you inside her house.

"I brought food with me." You said as you sat down on the sofa.

"Oh, yay!" She said excitedly before sitting down beside you.

You pulled the food out of the bag and handed what you got for her over to her before taking your food out.

"So, how have you been lately? Up to anything exciting?" You asked as you both munched on your food.

"Somewhat. I've got some big things happening soon. You know I'll be telling you about them as soon as im allowed."

"I look forward to hearing all about it." You said.

You talked some more and shared food and giggles.

But, soon enough, you got lost in Jinni.

You got lost in her beautiful smile and her soft, sweet eyes.

You got lost in the way she spoke and how happy she seemed to be.

You got lost in everything about her, finding yourself wishing, once more, that she was yours.

Just as you went to take her hand, there was a knock at her front door.

She got up and answered it and your heart sank when you saw that it was her girlfriend.

"Baby!" Her girlfriend greeted as she threw her arms around Jinni. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Jinni replied before kissing her girlfriend on the cheek.

You looked away and gazed at the floor.

You wondered if either Jinni or her girlfriend knew that you loved Jinni first.

You've known her for a while now and from day one, you've been in love with her.

But you didn't confess soon enough and eventually, Jinni had fallen for someone else.

"Here. You can sit between me and Y/N." Jinni told her girlfriend.

They sat down next to you and you scooted away from her girlfriend a bit, letting them have their own space.

As they talked and laughed together, you felt as though you had become invisible.

You're sure that Jinni hadn't meant to make you feel that way but she did as she lost herself in her girlfriend.

You thought about leaving but decided to stick around for Jinni.

You knew her girlfriend was there next to you but, regardless, you found yourself admiring Jinni from afar, as you always do.

She's just so beautiful, so sweet.

To you, she's the most perfect person to exist, and you adore her.

You wish that you were her girl, that you had confessed sooner.

But you didn't.

So this is all you can do; sit back and admire her.

You admired her bright smile, her beautiful eyes, her precious laugh, and how special she is.

You don't know how much time went by of you just staring at her and wishing that she was yours.

But eventually, your silence was noticed by Jinni.

"Y/N? Is everything okay?" She asked as she and her girlfriend both looked at you. "You're quiet."

"Yeah." You said with a soft smile. "Everything's fine. Just thinking."

"Anything you want to share?" Jinni wondered.

You did.

You wanted to tell her how you truly felt about her.

But because she has her own person already and she seems so happy, you decided not to and just let things be.

"No. It's okay."

Jinni nodded before looking back at her girlfriend once more, leaving you wishing she would look at you that way and watch her closely.