Chapter one: The first time I saw you

"(Y/N)-san... is something wrong?" I heard the familiar voice, but it didn't even reach me.

"I'll talk to you later, Iguro-sama," I'm unsure if he ever heard those words, but I didn't take the time to find out. I sensed a demon, and not the lower moon we'd been sent to look for. I saw a simple, low ranked demon when I arrived at the place. A small home, and at the doorway, there was a demon, and it was about to strike whatever unlucky soul may occupy the small home. 

"Moon breathing, first form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace," the hit landed directly on the demon's arm, and I quickly turned to see if I'd made it on time. Just barely. The boy that the demon had attacked had a large gash in his arm, but had I made it any later? I doubt that he'd have his right arm at all. I turned back to the demon, but I'd spent too much time. 

I felt a familiar warm liquid from my head. As the blood trailed down face, I cursed myself for being too slow. I'm sorry Iguro-sama...I might not make it back as soon as I thought I would but protecting the people here from demons is my main priority. I can't let all my training with you and Kokushibo-sama be for nothing. Another person's life will always take priority above my own. there will never be an exception. 

"Ugh, a stupid demon slayer. Would you just die already? You've caused quite the troublesome delay already," before I could try to decapitate the pest, an axe flew past me and landed strait on the demon's face. It was difficult not to laugh as the demon stumbled backwards, cursing. I glanced backward to see the demon attempt to take its revenge on the poor traumatized boy. I grabbed my sword and thrust it into the demon's back, using it to lift off and land in front of the monster, holding the sword tightly, so it didn't become obsolete. I clutched the sword tightly, and finished off the demon. 

"Moon breathing, eighth form: Moon-Dragon Ringtail!" The demon's head fell to the ground. "Well, it's been fun! But you're no match for me. Looks like I won. See ya!"

The demon was gone. With just one final stomp of my geta sandals, and an evil smirk. I turned around to find both of the boys I'd seen before passed out. The first had a large gash in his left arm, the other had a cut across his right shoulder. I knew both would be lethal if not treated properly, and soon. The only place I could think of to take them was Ubayashiki manor, but that was far away, and even if they were awake, neither would be able to walk with this much blood loss. I had no medical tools with me, since I was on a scouting mission to look for a lower moon. I only had one option. I'd be taking them to the master. 

~About eight hours later~ 

I waited in the room the master of the demon slayer corps had lent me. He knew I wouldn't leave till I knew what happened to them. Iha to make sure no one died on my watch. That was why I became a demon slayer, why I fought to learn from the likes of upper moon one, and why I couldn't sleep till knew those two survived. That's when I heard Amane entering with the grace of a dove, the one who could make or disperse my fears.  

"They survived," I let out the breath I'd been holding. They survived. "But the master does have a request. He'd like to separate the two."

"What do you mean?" What did this have to do with me?

"The two are currently in different rooms. One has been demanding to see his brother, and the one who helped them. The other remembers nothing aside from an 'angel' that seemingly appeared from nowhere to save him," Amane let out a long sigh. this must've been difficult for her. "And both of them want to be demon slayers. The mist trainer it the only trainer who was available. We're afraid of the two of them meeting before they're ready. The master would like you to take on one of the Tokito twins as your Tsuguko."

"But we're the same age! Don't you think it'll be difficult?  You know, for him to learn this late?" 

"Most demon slayers start learning far older than eleven, (y/n). He'll be starting is training far younger than most demon slayers!" 

"Fine, I'll try. I give you no guarantees on anything. I doubt they'll be able to learn all 16 forms of the breath of moon, though. I'll try to teach them something else. Which twin?"

"The older twin, Tokito Yuichiro. I injury in his arm is still healing, I don't want you to start training him till he's fully recovered," Amane smiled lightly at me, "I have faith in you, Moon pillar,  (L/N) (Y/N)." 

~Taisho Era Secrets~

-Poor Iguro spent all day looking for (y/n)-chan. Similar to her, he didn't even sleep for those eight hours. 

-Yuichiro was yelling and screaming for them to tell him where his brother was. Muichiro was only one room over, and everyone was surprised that he didn't wake up from all the noise. They told Yuichiro the moon pillar, the one who saved him, would be training him to become a demon slayer, and he'd be staying with her starting the next day. He shut up after that. 

-No one warned Yuichiro about (l/n)-sama's cold personality and harsh training. Even the wind pillar is scared of her when she's mad.