Chapter two: The Haori

I opened the door, and a boy in a plain black demon slayer uniform, with long black hair with mint tips was waiting at the front gate, a bandage wrapped tightly around his right arm. 

"(l/n)-sama!" A kakushi hurriedly greeted me, but I mostly ignored him. "oi! What are you doing? Don't just stand there! Moon hashira (l/n)-sama is not the kind of person you want to ignore and make a bad impression on! Especially as her tsuguko! Legend says she trained her last tsuguko literally to death! She may be beautiful, but she's harsh! A monster when she's upset!" 

"I'm not deaf," The reply was simple, but considering all I heard from outside after that were waves and waves of, 'Gomen, gomen! Forgive me please!" I figured it had got the message across. 

"So, you're the moon hashira, (y/n), right?" The boy followed behind me closely, "you're the one that saved us, right? When does training start? I'm ready to learn moon breathing right now."

"We start when your arm doesn't bleed.  Till then, you stay right here. In this room." And I simply closed the door, locked it, and walked away. I didn't want to deal with making him shut up once he'd got here. I'd prepared a room. There was a nice bed, rather than a futon. There was diner I'd prepared on the nightstand (cold soba. I didn't know when he'd arrive and didn't want the food to get cold.) and with it a plate of sakura mochi. I chose the room because I could lock the window, which wouldn't break since it was reinforced glass. I'd also bought multiple demon slayer uniforms, yukatas, kimonos, hakama, and zori. I'd be back in under an hour, of course. I just had one thing I hadn't finished. 

I held the fabric tightly as I washed It. I couldn't get the stains out, but I managed to wash out the blood. I dried the clothes, and carefully used the dye on the fabric, tracing the traditional mist pattern.  waited for the dye to cover the blood completely. Washing the fabric again, I placed them back in the basket and trudged back up to the estate. Grabbing my sewing needle, I began my work. 

~about thirty minutes later~

I opened the door, and looked at Yuichiro, sitting on the floor wearing one of the Yukatas I'd bought (a dark blue one) and glaring at me angrily as he took a bite of the sakura mochi in his hand. 

"Well, wanna explain why you locked me in a room?"

Instead of explaining, I threw the haori at him, and started simply walking away. 

"Hey, did you make this?" He stared at the haori. Half of it was a dark blue, with cream colored mist patterns, and the other half was a light blue, with matching mist patterns. 

"Yes. I thought you would want to keep it. I thought you might like being able to keep something from the both of you. That way, when you're a demon slayer, you never forget who you're fighting for. Like how I did." 

"Wait- (l/n)-sama?" I looked up at the boy and he gave me a sincere smile. "Arigato. Thank you for everything." 

"Just call me (y/n)-san," I returned his smile lightly, before going to my room.

~Taisho era secrets~

-When (y/n) came back from washing and dyeing the clothes to sew the haori, the kakushi hadn't even realized she'd left and was still on his knees in front of the door apologizing. He usually comes whenever the master needs to send someone to the moon manor, since he lives in the village next to the forest where the moon estate is located. (Y/N) finds him annoying. When she realized he was still there, she kicked the poor guy and sent him tumbling down the estate's steps. 

-Yuichiro saw (y/n) kick the Kakushi down the steps from the window of his room while he was eating the soba she made. That's when his admiration of her started to grow into love.

-(y/n) Is a very good cook. The soba and sakura mochi where both delicious. 

-(y/n) never had another tsuguko. The rumor of her killing someone from hard training was made up. There is also another recent rumor your friendly author can not mention, as it is not apropriate for someone of poor eleven year old (y/n)'s curent age. Trust me, you don't wanna know.