Chapter four: the Lie and the Kiss

I woke up lightly and looked around me, noticing the bowl of rice sitting out on the nightstand. I picked up the note and found myself a little disappointed by its message. She'd be gone. (y/n)-chan just left me for the whole day. Though, I was a little curious about one thing. I took the keys she'd left and walked to her room, reaching for the door handle. 

To my disappointment, the door didn't budge. I tried the key, and it still didn't work. Letting out a sigh, I retreated and headed for the door. I was curious if maybe there was a nice kimono I could get for (y/n)-chan. Of course, I didn't know her size... or much of her likes and dislikes... or even if she ever wore kimonos, or just her demon slayer uniform. Of course, she'd be paying for it, not me. She'd left out some money. It wasn't in her room, so I just took it...

And it was a lot of money. 

I finally made it to the town, only to find the place was celebrating the sakura trees that had just begun to bloom. But then I heard it and knew I couldn't simply leave to come back another time. (y/n)'s voice filled the air. The intoxicating feeling she gave me whenever I knew she was near took over. I looked through the crowds, desperately searching for my dearest. I wouldn't stop till I found her- 

I suddenly stopped in front of a hairpin shop. (y/n) wasn't there, but something there reminded me so much of her, I got the same warm, yet intoxicating feeling just thinking about how much she would love it.  It was a beautiful moon hairpin, with chains draping down from it, some of them decorated with blue stars. The moon itself was blue, but on both the moon and the chains there were small diamonds and rubys. It was perfect. 

"How much for this one?" I asked the vendor, pointing to the hairpin.

"Fifty-eight thousand yen." 

"I think I misheard you. No one would pay that much! I'll give you a thousand one hundred and fifty! No more!" 

"Excuse me?" I turned to see a girl with three braids squealing. Her hair color was odd, pink and green at the tips. "How much for the hairpin? I know the sweetest girl who'd just adore that!" 

"Oh, I agree, Mitsuri-chan!" Another girl with black hair that faded to purple came up next to her and looked at the very same hairpin that I knew had to be given to (y/n)-chan.

"No! I'll give you a hundred fifteen thousand yen!" The two girls looked toward me with shock. 

"B-but I really wanted to get her a present! S-she would love that hairpin!"

"I already didn't get her the last thing I found her," the purple haired girl sighed. "I guess we'll have to keep looking." 

I handed the salesman the whole stack of yen. He'd be living easy for the next month- no, year- with that much money... And I took the hairpin. It was worth it for my (y/n)-chan. 

Speaking of my (y/n)-chan, I sped up as I heard her voice, coming to a halt. 

"Ai shiteru, Obani-kun!" I gripped the hairpin so tightly the sharp tips of the crescent dug into my skin. I didn't notice, even as the blood dripped on the ground. All I cared about, was planning how to make sure they never saw each other again. 

~Taisho era secrets~

-The next chapter will be a certain hashira's pov... bet you can't guess who! ;)

-Yuichiro didn't want to KILL Iguro, just separate him from (y/n). He's not Yandere (yet), just jealous. 

- The original price of the hairpin was about five hundred usd, the offer Yuichiro made for it was about 10 usd, and his final offer to make sure no one got it was about 1,000 usd.