12: Strange Feelings

It was high noon when you'd finally made it back to the Guren.

After your little encounter with the flamboyantly eccentric Tengen Uzui, you've been in a mildly cheerful mood as of late.

You didn't quite understand as to why you were suddenly feeling this way? It was as if you had spring fever and was on cloud nine as you walked (rather skipped) down the corridors with a spring in your step.

"Hey parasite!" Came Sayomei's angry voice as you stopped and turned towards her.

"What took you so long? Where's my melonpan?" She asks glaring at you.

You smiled─not at all fazed for some reason, before reaching into your obi and pulling out the still fresh and perfectly wrapped melonpan, and handed it her.

"Here you go, Sayomei." You say, your voice not at all shy like it was since morning. Instead, you sounded way too happy.

Sayomei arched a brow at your sudden change of attitude, before taking the melonpan from you. She gave you a despiteful look─just why the hell were you in such a good mood all of a sudden?

"What's gotten into you? You seem to be in good spirits then you were this morning." She grimaced.

You'd blinked before shrugging your shoulders nonchalantly─not really having an answer for her as you then turned and continued on your way towards Lady Yamamoto's office.

───────────

You really couldn't describe your attitude today. You really couldn't understand why were you in such a good mood?

However, what you did understand was that your mind kept returning back to your full encounter with Tengen. Indeed, his personality had been so vibrantly confident, but straightforward when it came to you, despite having him flirt with you and groping your butt.

The mental image of him flexing and smiling made your heart dance as your cheeks grew hot. You really couldn't think straight at all around him. He just carried so much confidence and seemed to enjoy teasing you specifically for who knows what reason, and of course who were you to stop him.

"Well, you seem to have developed an interest in me. Or should I say, an attraction, just as I have towards you. So I figured we could go on a date?" You'd remembered him telling you.

A date? He did just seriously ask you out, right?

"Let's see how this works out and I'll know if you really are a woman worthy of being my fourth. I like those equally as much as women with nice asses."

His bizarre words made the butterflies in your stomach flutter. Although, many may consider it rude, but you could tell there was definitely playfulness and mirth within his statement.

And what exactly did he mean by worthy of being his fourth? The fourth to what, exactly?

You didn't know, considering you had just met the guy. But somehow he already (if not miraculously) managed the to amuse you with his compelling charisma by being downright gorgeous, whilst purposely trying to woo you.

His dazzling disposition and erratic behaviour heavily contrasted your own shy and solemn nature.

When he introduced himself, his eyes betrayed that spark. Those piercing deep beautiful pools of fuscia orbs seemed to study you from head to toe a thousand times over.