21: Cheater

Married.

Did he just tell you he's...married?

He did just say that, right?

"W-what?" You blinked up at him questioningly.

Tengen eyes slowly narrowed, the smile on his lips becoming a frown─making his expression appear stern. His eyes that was once shimmering with delight, was replaced with seriousness.

"I'm a married man, (Name)-chan." He repeated, his voice soft as cotton, smooth as silk, however it wasn't enough to comfort the knife stabbing feeling in your beating heart.

"M-married..?" You tested the word on your lips, enunciating it under your breath.

Your heart felt heavy and your throat tighten to the point of being almost painful to bare.

"Like as in...you have a...a wife?" He could hear your voice crack, no doubt you were on the verge of tears.

This is what he was afraid of. He knew he have to tell you the painful truth sooner or later. If he would've told you this back in the ruins, no doubt you probably would've ran away.

"Not wife. I have wives." He says─watching as your beautiful (e/c) eyes widen in both confusion and shock.

"Wives?!" At that, you immediately removed yourself from his lap, turning around to face him now whilst sitting on your knees.

W. I. V. E. S?

It's plural, meaning he has more than one wife!

You looked at him as if he'd suddenly grew two heads─like he was a stranger.

It's gotta be a game. And the more your mind tried to progress on what he's telling you, the more disheartened you were becoming.

"Yes. I have three wives." He slowly says, those fuscia eyes not once breaking eye contact with you.

You felt stupid.

You knew it was all too good to be true. To think that a beautiful man like Tengen could be your imaginary Prince Charming on a white horse coming to rescue you and ride You off into the sunset.

Guess it was half your fault for not asking him if he was married or not? But even more so, you hated yourself for allowing him to lead you on into thinking that he actually liked you. And to hear that he had not one, not two, but three wives was more mortifying.

Three?! Why three? Just what type of kinky Kong shi*t was this man into?

Your heart wasn't as strong as you had hoped it could be. This was certainly all too overwhelming to contemplate─a very hard pill to swallow.

"Oh. I-I see.." Your voice cracked again as you averted your gaze to the flower decoration on the coffee table.

Your hands gripping tightly onto the fabric of your kimono as you desperately fought back the tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

"O-of course you would have three wives..." Your body shook, "Y-you are a beautiful man after all. You c-can have all the women in the world if you w-wanted to." You say weakly.