Hacker

-Text-

Hacker:

Hey I heard you got a new member

Motormouth:

No?

Hacker:

Why not me? I am way more smarter than whoever that guy is

Motormouth:

Cant you see we are busy

Hacker:

Yeah and you can probably get out if I help

Motormouth:

But we don't need help

Hacker:

But you might

Motormouth:

No, we can get out on our own

Hacker:

Heck, I can hack in there and get you out

Motormouth:

Then why not do it?

Hacker:

Think

Motormouth:

Right...

Hacker:

Why are you more serious?

Motormouth:

BECAUSE WE ARE STUCK IN HERE AND WE CANT GET OUT

Hacker:

There we go, bye

Motormouth:

...

Max lay down on his guest bed. It wasn't comfy but it was worth it. When he first met Ninjas face to face, it felt different to him. Sure the Ninjas got stuck and things got serious, the atmosphere is different from that from the chat. Kai looks less menacing, Jay looks more serious, Lloyd looks as if he is a team leader. He wonders if his life would be different had Jay never texted him. Will he still help them? Maybe but it will be harder for him to earn their trust.

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in." Max stood up from his bed, putting his phone in his oversized jacket.

"Did you rest well? Sorry about the bed." It was Jay. He looks as he is less aggressive or angry than his online persona. Max has a temptation to ask him but decided not to.

"Yeah, its fine."

"Come, I think Zane found something."

Max followed Jay to the machine he was studying. Max went up to Zane.

"Are you sure that you are able to crack it." Zane questioned, Max looked at it again as the loud sound came from above."

"What the f*** was that!" Jay shouted. Looks like Jay still has some personality in him.

"It was the machine, one broke and started to shoot at us and we had to break it." Kai ran downstairs.

Zane sighed "Things are getting more and more out of control day by day."

"Are there a pattern or something? Did you code anything?" Max asked Zane. Zane looked over to the machine but nothing. Max was puzzled, surely Zane can fix this.

"If you are stuck here then how are you able to reach the news outlet?"

"We are able to send the clip out of the monastery just before the internet cut us off, Which ere out of the ordinary as we did not code the defense to do that."

Max was startled by this, he was just texting Jay which requires an internet connection. Max would not able to text them from outside if the internet cuts off meaning that if Jay founds out, his identity would be revealed.

"Hey, you ok? You looked surprised there." Jay walked up to him, Max never saw Jay being this caring.

"It's nothing," Max turned to Zane "If you did not code the defense to do this then someone must have coded it in."

"But that would be impossible, I and PIXAL made sure no one was able to hack or penetrate this place."

"Well, I got here." Max looks at the machine trying to find the code for the machine the Ninjas just broke. When he found it he showed it to Zane.

"Did you code it? If it was a machinery error then the script would not be different from what you made. And here looks like the code has been created alongside the copy of the one you made." Max knew this by comparing it to the one that has been underwritten by the new script.

"This only means one thing, an invasion." Kai walked up to the group, he was just standing there listing in.

"Wha- No. Someone is hacking your defense mechanism."

"Exactly an invasion."

"Define invasion." Jay looked at Kai in confusion.

"An attack, easy."

"Well, better tell the others that we have been hacked by someone else."

Both Jay and Kai nodded and went upstairs.

"Are you certain you can hack him?"

"Did I say anything?"

"I mean, can you?"

Max stopped, wondering what if he was overconfident? What if he cannot defeat this hacker?

"I'll try my best." Max finally spoke up. It wasn't surprising that Zane was patient. He is rational after all.

"Good luck, the hacker is somehow more intelligent than me/ There's a chance he might outsmart you."

Max smiled "I don't believe in luck."

"Well, just so you know we count on you."

That sentence made him tense even more, what if he going to let anyone down? It does not matter, he will try...