Reveal

"Still haven't figured it out yet?" Jay shouted at Zane while he and Max came down the stairs much to Zane's annoyance.

"Patience. I though I might break it after Rax's first push but not worth it."

"Can't you tell him?" Rax was able to see that Jay was getting impatient, looks like he desperately wanted something. Zane sigh before continuing "This might not be important as I don't think it will help as it does not seem to be affected. The defense is run by the core mechanism that controls all of the mechanics in here not only the defe-"

"Save those for nerd!" Kai pouted "And now I am missing my date with Skylor!"

Jay walked up to Kai "At least I wish that you were the one who get dragged into a bathroom."

"Shut up pickled egg geek!"

For once, Max never seen Ninjas argue over something stupid, it was an amusing sight to him.

"Anyways, Zane. I believe you mentioned the core?" Kai tried to interrupt Max but was easily stopped by Nya when she slapped him as she went downstairs.

"Yes, what about it?"

Max responded as Cole headed downstairs. "Core is important for many reasons, with it I am able to reset all of the core and set up the anti-hacker code, that way we can get that hacker out of here."

Zane reminded them "This would be our only shot." Jay nodded, to much of other surprises, even Max.

"Jay, I thought you didn't trust him?"

"Oh I can, he's Max." Max was shocked and looked at Jay, who was chuckling. Others looked at Jay.

"That's the lamest way to reveal, Jay." Max nudged Jay a bit.

"Wait what? You don't look like max." Cole looked at him before pulling up his phone.

"Say 'I'm an idiot' in the chat." Cole poke as he looked at the phone.

"Cole, I don't think it's necessary." Nya looked at Cole who just shrugged in response.

Max sent a same phrase Cole requested.

"Oh, another text, who cares." Kai said as everyone looked at him.

"Are you even alive at this point?" Nya looked at Kai, who just whipped up his phone.

"That's not the phrase I requested." Cole frowned.

"It's still me, I only changed the name to you."

"Whatever, now you all know who Max is. Apart from Lloyd who is in the medical room." Jay spoke.

"Should we tell hi-"

"No." Jay interrupted Cole, who was at this point, annoyed.

"I knew that Rax was Max from the beginning you introduced yourself.." Zane responded. Max was confused, did Zane know it was him the whole time and how?

Zane sighed "Rax is not a good nickname and I recognized you by the reason I just said and your personality."

Nya yelled at Kai to get off his phone before continuing "So what are we waiting for, let's just get to the Core and defeat this bitch!"

After a few talks here and there, the rest of the group headed to the Core, which is situated in a secure vault beneath the floor they are in.

"Are you sure you can do this?"

"I can, give me around 10 minutes while I disable this and replace as well as create the anti-hacker software."

"Alright, tell us when you are done." With that Ninjas left Max alone. Max felt it awkward that they trusted the minutes Max reveal who he was. Perhaps they felt comfortable around him?

A few minutes have passed, he was able to disable many mechanics and decided to start over with new codes. While he was doing this a phone rang, it was Ben.

Zane POV

I sat on the couch while others were doing their things. Kai and Cole playing games, Jay and Nya doing their stuffs in their rooms, Lloyd was just sleeping on the floor.

I was bored, normally I would go to Borg's or somewhere else to help. Its had been an hour and Max was taking a long time.

I stood up and tried to walk out of the door when something shot the wall beside me.

"DUCK!"

Someone shouted as I duck at once and tried to stop the gun, it was no use at all. Both Kai and Cole got up and tried to dismantle it as well, but ended up running away. It was only me and Lloyd but Lloyd was sleeping, how did he not wake up by the noise?

I tried the best I can to protect Lloyd, the Gun was flashing red like it was when it shot Lloyd, according to Jay. What is Max doing?

I tried to carry Lloyd out of the room but we were cornered. I braced for the impact. Nothing happened.

I looked at saw the Guns were flashing green, then blue then yellow until it shut down.

I sighed in relief and put Lloyd down. The victory lasted short. The machine went up again and I was getting my powers ready. It lit up.

It was making a sound until it went to passive mode as all of the noise surrounding us and the defense started to move. Max did it, he defeated the hacker.

After settling Lloyd in bed, I went down to see Max finishing his last touches while unplugging his device.

"Nearly done?" Max nodded, I went up to the screen. The screen has had the code on it, it seems like he tracked down the hacker.

"Looks like you tracked the hacker." Max nodded but his expression says otherwise. Max seems surprised by something perhaps it was the hacker?

"I did,  but I didn't think it was him,  he wouldn't do this." Max paused before speaking "It was Ben, my friend, I don't know if I should confront him."

"If you need to, you need to open yourself, don't back up, do for what is right." I put my hand on Max, I know what he is thinking, we have been betrayed before. But what was betraying to him?

"Fine." Max finished packing up and headed out when I stopped him "Let me come with you, for assistance." I notice the phone ringing again.

"He tried to call me multiple times but I just ignored him." Max paused for a while before heading off, me following soon after.