Those of Demon Blood

Alec woke up to see Magnus missing in the bed and got up dressing himself and going outside to see Magnus in the balcony.

"Baby are you alright?", Alec asked and Magnus turned with a smile on his face and nodded, "I am fine Alexander", Magnus said and they kissed.

As Alec was going to ask more his phone rang and he picked it to find out that it was his mom and that Max was coming to the institute to train.

He also found out that Izzy was his tutor and was proud of it he hung the call and wrapped his arms around Magnus.

"Are you sure you are alright?", Alec asked and even though he could feel Magnus happy there was something else he couldn't pinpoint.

"I am fine baby, trust me", Magnus said and Alec smiled and nodded, "Max is coming here it seems I need to go check on him, will you be alright here? You can come with me", Alec said.

Magnus smiled and patted Alec's cheek, "I would love to, but I need to finish some work, if I finish it earlier I will be there", Magnus said.

Alec smiled and the both kissed, "Love you", Alec said, "Love you too Alexander stay safe", Magnus replied as Alec left.

Alec went to the institute and met with Izzy, "Heard from Mom. Max is on his way", Alec said and hugged her.

"Feels like just yesterday we were taking knives away from him", Izzy said as they walked together.

"He's lucky to have you as a tutor", Alec said, "Alec, maybe it's a mistake putting me in charge of him", Izzy said.

"Are you kidding? Izzy, you're the smartest one here and one of our toughest fighters", Alec said and she smiled gratefully.

"But it's just... I don't totally feel like myself yet", Izzy said, "What about those mundane meetings you mentioned?", Alec asked.

"They're helping, even though they think I'm talking about heroin", she said and before Alec could respond Jace and Clary walked in with a shadowhunter body.

Imogen also checked and they decided to find out who it was before another death falls and they started their search.

Alec and Jace went to the Jade wolf and talked with Luke, taking him back to the institute where he was interrogated.

Jace was made as the new head of the institute by Imogen, "Congratulations", Alec said as Jace told him later.

"It should've been you. I told her that", Jace said and Alec rolled his eyes, he was not angry at Jace he was angry at the Clave, "The Clave was never gonna hand it to me. I'm dating a guy who's a Downworlder", Alec said.

"Look, Alec, I didn't want this. I swear", Jace said, "You're a Herondale. Get used to the perks", Alec said and the alarms started blaring.

They found out it was more different downworlders and feared it may be a start to an uprising and Imogen held a meeting.

"Let's not make a big deal about this. She's still in charge until she leaves", Jace said as they finished.

"Still! Being appointed head of the Institute and finding out you're a Herondale? Don't let it get to your head", Isabelle said as they walked to the ops table.

"So Herondales are what, like, the Kennedys of the Shadow World?", Clary asked, "It's an old Shadowhunter family, like the Lightwoods", Alec explained.

"But we're the Kennedys", Isabelle said smugly and Alec rolled his eyes and Jace said they should get the samples of their friends.

Clary said she was going to Simon and left and as Izzy said she was going to Raphael, Alec stopped her.

"No", Alec said, "Why not? [Alec and Izzy sigh.] Am I missing something here?", Jace asked, "Jace, I'm a yin fen addict", Izzy said.