Chapter 2:The Echoes Of Time

When the world came into focus again, Kalan was shocked at what he saw. He was in a room. He thought he would end up lying on the earth. Not a bed. He sits up and looks around.

“Where am I?” A teenager walked over from the left side of the room.

“Oh! It’s awake and it speaks.” Kalan stares at the teenager.

“Where am I?” A heavy set man walked over from the wall the teenager had come from. “You’re in the kingdom of Sharmanafa.” He turns to face the heavyset man staring deeply into his eyes, only to find hatred there.

“And who might you be?” He stares back, hatred in check, unable to hide the disgust he felt.

“I am Sir Farcon da Armaga.” Kalan sat up and thought to myself Ok! Just a little resentment there. The man looked to the teenager.

“Nurse. Help the poor boy.” The teenager stepped forward and helped him out of the bed. “Yes sir.” Kalan brushes the offered hand away and gets himself out of the bed.

“No, no. I’m fine.” Kalan walks over to the window. As he stares out he noticed that there were armoured guards walking around the building he was in. Farcon walked over to his side.

“Well at least let me introduce my squire.” Kalan turns to face him.

“Oh, all right. Where is your squire?” He asked turning to face them. Farcon stood aside.” Come here squire.” An average size girl stepped up to Farcon’s side; she came into the room from a side entrance Kalan didn’t notice. He bows to her while keeping eye contact at the same time.

“Why hello miss. What is your name?” The girl returns the bow, timidly.

“My name is Sahara do Mardina.”  Kalan turns to Farcon, glaring at him, urging him to say the wrong thing.

“Has any one seen to Selena?” Farcon broke eye contact, clearly unsettled.

“Oh! Your wife?” He continues to stare at him.

“No! She is not my wife. She is my friend. She would have been lying at my side or near me.” Farcon looked completely away.

“She’s down the hall, to the left. My squire will show you the way.” His squire walked out the door.

“Right this way.” Kalan follows her out of the room and down the hall till she stopped. When they reach the room Selena was housed Kalan turns to Sahara.

“You may go now. Unless you wish to meet Selena.”

“No sir. I will have to get my lord’s permission.” She said quickly. He looks to the ground.

“Please just call me Kalan.” She watches as he turns his back to her and walks into the room.

“Yes si… I mean Kalan.” As he walked in Selena sat up in the bed she was in.

“Oh Kalan, it’s you.” Kalan looks around and smiles.

“Who else would it be, no one knows who we are.” As he walks to her, he notices she was still dazed. When he reaches her side he stands there and looks at the serving women. They get up and left. He watches as the serving women leave. “I think there keeping us prisoner.” She looks to the chair next to her.

“Please sit? It hurts to stare up at you.” Kalan slumps exhausted into the chair.

“Do you remember what just happened?” She looks over to the door.

“Yeah, we were falling and this strange haze appeared below us.” He looks at the window in the room. She turns to face him.

“How are we still alive?” He rubs his muzzle.