Chapter 5 - Possible Mistakes?

Image credit: @/doodle_acbi on Twitter
George's pov
Warning/s: none

Sunday 2:43 am

I kept thinking back to what Dream said, I'm not going to lie to myself, I have thought about kissing him. ONLY because he made me think about it! I don't know why I didn't say no... I just moved on from the situation.

I chose to ignore it for a reason.

"Hey.. George?" I heard from beside me, "oh uh, hey Dream, what do you need?" why is he in here?  "I can't sleep." oh.

He seemed nervous, "why're you telling me?" I asked, it came out more rude than just a simple question. I think he knew I didn't mean it like that though, "well I was thinking... I could sleep with you?" I felt my face heat up, almost immediately, when he asked that. "Uhm, sure." I smiled.

I was glad that my bed was big enough for the two of us, it was a double bed anyways. "I really don't want to make anything awkward between us but.." he cleared his throat, "can I-" he didn't seem to be as confident as before, I felt bad. It was obviously making him nervous, "can I like, hug uh.. maybe, eh.."

"You want to hug me?" I asked, "not really hug.. but um, cuddle like- you know, not to make it awkward or anything! Like no- no meaning whatsoever, just friendly..." he leaned back and sighed, like it was something he wanted to get off his chest badly.

I pulled him closer to me, I could feel his breath against my neck. I wrapped my arms around him, something about this situation gave my stomach butterflies. Suddenly, I felt his arms placed around me.

My breath hitched slightly, "Dream..." he mumbled something, I didn't understand what he said. "Dream?" I looked down at him and his entire body was against me, he was fast asleep, his lips almost touching my neck.

I felt something, an emotion. Which I couldn't explain, I didn't understand it, I studied his entire figure and I didn't notice that my hand was following where my eyes looked, until I looked down at his...

Immediately, I looked away. I got way too comfortable to move away from him, so we both stayed there, sleeping in each others arms.

Monday >:)

I woke up to see that Dream wasn't in my arms anymore, but there was a note that read:

"Hey s̶w̶e̶e̶t̶h̶e̶  Georgie, I'm waiting downstairs for you and I've prepared breakfast, I didn't want to wake you up because you look peaceful. Don't worry about work, I've done you a little favour and cancelled it for today, so we could have another day to ourselves.

L̶o̶v̶e̶
- Dream :)"

I stared at the note in awe, I found that incredibly kind of him, besides a day off work is a day off without restricting trousers.

I immediately got off my bed and headed towards my drawer of skirts, I picked out one I thought was cute and put it on.

(This ^^ thought it was cute ngl)

I made my way downstairs and I saw Dream in the kitchen, waiting by the refrigerator, reading a book. I walked up to him.

"Hey Georgie, did you see my note?" He asked, I quickly nodded. "I see you're wearing a skirt, huh..." he bit his lip and looked me up and down. I looked down at my skirt, flattening it out a bit.

"I thought it was cute! What do you think about it?" I asked, "give me twirl, gorgeous." I giggled and did what he said. "It looks amazing on you~" he marked the page he was on and placed the book down. "Your breakfast is just behind you." He winked at me.

I scoffed and turned around, I was confused, "there's nothing ther-" I felt a slap on my ass, "HEY!" I squirmed.

He laughed, harder than I've heard him laugh before. "That wasn't funny." I tried not to laugh, my cheeks were probably pink from trying so hard. "You can't lie, it was a little funny!" He exclaimed. "A bit..." I admitted.

"No jokes this time, your breakfast is right here." Dream pointed to himself, I felt my face heat up, "you will be in a moment." I scoffed, he suddenly went quiet and his face turned pink. "What?" I asked, "say that again but, actually think this time..." he said.

I thought for a moment, I mumbled to myself, "yourbreakfastisrighthere-youwillbeinamoment." That's exactly when it hit me. "I DIDNT MEAN THAT!" I panicked, "I know." Dream sounded a little sad. "What's the matter?" I asked, "nothing just-" he turned around and quickly turned back to meet my eyes.

I looked down at his hands, he was holding a plate. "No more jokes, just go ahead and have your breakfast." He said. I felt so sad, the mood died down entirely... was it something I said?

"Dream, you know you can always talk to me when something is wrong." I felt so guilty, I wanted to help him in any way possible. "Nothing's wrong Georgie, everything is fine." The tension mixed in the aroma said different. I know he's lying to me.

I sighed, "don't lie to me." He just laughed, "maybe I'll tell you another day, babe." Babe? I stood frozen in shock, what the fuck just happened?

-
893 words.