Chapter 3- Sweet Love

Summary- picnic date with Evy and Cece.

——————————————

Celia, can we please go now?" Evelyn shouted as she put on her sandals. Celia was still in the bathroom doing her hair and makeup.

"Wait for just a minute sweetheart I'm not quite ready yet" Celia yelled back.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and said, " Okay I'm giving you ten minutes, and then we have to go. The sun is going down soon, and I don't want to miss the sunset please".

Evelyn stood up from her bed and went into the bathroom where she found Celia applying a dark rose lip gloss. Her hair was pulled back in two low ponytails. She wore light-washed denim shorts and just a pink bikini top. Evelyn wore a polka-dot sundress with a low-cut v neck that exposed her breast. She walked over to Celia and put her hands around her waist and said " I will never understand how a human can be as stunning as you are ''.

Celia gave Evelyn a big smile "I would kiss you but I just put on my lip gloss and I don't want to do that again". Evelyn playfully rolled her eyes and placed her lips on Celia's cheek and gave her multiple quick kisses.

Celia grabbed all the stuff they needed and they headed out. Celia wanted to drive since they were using her car, but Evelyn insisted that she drove instead because she wanted a calm car ride, and you could not have that with Celia behind the wheel; she drove terribly.  As they were in the car, they listened to music and sang together. Neither of them were great singers, but they just sang their hearts out and had fun. Evelyn could barely focus on driving, all she could do was watch and admire Celia while she horribly sang. They, fortunately, arrived at their destination. It was a secluded park, surrounded by woods, and there was also a pond. Celia's mouth fell wide open once she stepped out of the car " Woah Ev, this place is soo beautiful" Celia said.

Celia wasn't a crazy nature person but she appreciated the beauty of the earth. She thought the sky was the most magnificent thing to exist and she took pictures of them a lot. She had a film camera that she carried around with her.  She took her camera out of her purse and took a few pictures of the sunset.   She also took a few pictures of evelyn smiling.  She always took pictures of Evelyn even though Evelyn didn't like it. She was always paranoid and was worried that someone would look through Celia's camera and find all the pictures of her and them.

After they set everything up, Celia rested her head on Evelyn's chest while they drank lemonade. "I think I want to move to New York. Do you ever miss it?" Celia asked Evelyn.

Evelyn didn't like to think about New York or Hell's Kitchen. She always tried to not think about her father, or mother, and the little apartment they lived in.  But For some reason, she did miss it.  She didn't have a glorious childhood, she never remembered any good memories, the bad ones were always on her mind. But for some reason part of her did miss those times, our minds always find a way to make everything feel nostalgic, and we find ourselves thinking about the past a lot.

"I wouldn't say I necessarily miss it, but when I think about my time in Hell's Kitchen, part of me feels nostalgic. I think it's because I grew up there, but I don't really miss New York '' she responded. "Why do you want to move there anyway?"

" I don't know, NYC seems like a fun place. It's beautiful and lively. I know you probably think I'm being silly right now" Celia said.

"I don't think you're silly, I just think you're a bit too much of a dreamer."  "Yes, New York is beautiful but it's not as dreamy as people think it is unless you live on the Upper East Side or West Village and you're rich.  For example, Times Square isn't as amazing as people think it is; it's crowded and way too loud.  But we can go there one day to visit if you want" Evelyn said and Celia smiled like she had just won an Oscar.