1. | Forgetfulness

Note:

Y/N is Semi's younger twin sister. You're placed about 5'5 and are curvy, more plus sized. I wanted to see a story more inclusive to plus size people like myself. I hope you enjoy.

———

'How could he be this stupid?! I mean seriously, making me miss band practice so I could get his stupid bag for volleyball! Dumbass owes me big time..!'

You arrived at the gym, very much annoyed at your twin for being so forgetful. You walked over to him, handing him his bag as he nervously laughed, avoiding eye contact with you.

"Outside."

You looked at you brother Semi with piercing eyes when you said that. Semi put down his bag and cautiously walked out the door, the team all confused and wondering why some girl was about to kill Semi.

He shut the door behind him, taking in a deep breath and holding it while he turned to face you. Your face clearly showing you were pissed off beyond belief. You screamed at him, telling him that he owes you for missing band practice when you have the all Japan contest was coming up. Semi tried calming you down, unfortunately knowing you have a short temper like Tendo and Shirabu.

"Okay okay! I won't make you miss practice anymore. I'm sorry."

"You better be. At least you know you'll make it to nationals!."

"You will too! I'm sorry okay, just stop yelling."

"You owe me lunch for the next week."

"You know I can't afford both of our lunches!"

"Then pack your own."

You gave your brother a nasty glare and sarcastic smile. Semi walked back into the gym, heart racing at how scary his younger twin was. The whole team looked at him, even coach with a somewhat shocked face.

"What was that all about Semi-Semi?" (Tendo)

"Nothing- nothing." (Semi)

"Was that Y/N?" (Taichi)

"Yeah... wait how do you know my sister?" (Semi)

"She won best soloist for All Japan and one of the first percussion females to have such a high ranking for it." (Taichi)

"I- didn't know that..." (Semi)

"That's sad that you don't know anything about your own twin." (Shirabu)

Coach then told everyone to get back to practice, coach taking Semi to the side to talk to him. Coach asked about you, wondering if you'd be interested in being a manager. If you scared Semi and put him in his place, then it might benefit the team to have someone intimidating help coach them. Semi explained you have band practice quite often and that you probably wouldn't be able to do it. Coach only smirked and said alright, excusing Semi and making him do some laps before joining everyone else.

During practice, Ushijima was thinking about you. You weren't short nor that tall, bigger bodied and strong looking. You had similar hair to Semi, cream white with black tips, slightly curly... you two were twins alright, yet you act as polar opposites from what Ushijima knew. You were burned into his memory, one he was trying to shake so he could focus completely on his passion, volleyball.

Semi was off the rest of practice, sets to high and low, serves hitting the net or going out more than making it over and landing in the court. Shirabu only teased Semi, making his concentration worsen. The rest of the team seemed fine, practicing at their best per usual.

You made it to practice during the break, getting scolded by the band instructor. You apologized and explained, the instructor being understanding but warning you for it not to happen again as you were his best percussionist, and he needed you here. You nodded and apologized once more before heading back to your section, scolding them for slacking and to get up, to practice and get off their phones. The section groaned, knowing you were a scary tyrant but you knew what needed to get done, and they appreciate your dedication.

After band practice you went to the gym to walk home with your brother. You waited outside the gym on the bench nearby, listening to your band pieces while reading the sheet music. About twenty minutes later, you look up and see the team heading to the club room to change and go home. You waited by the stairs, Semi seeing you and walking down to you quickly before the team noticed you.

"Why are you here?"

"I always walk to the dorms with you?"

"Not today. Go."

Semi shoved you away, you only rolling your eyes and walking away. You were sad that your own brother was embarrassed by you, but you did embarrass him early by yelling at him. You felt bad. You walked away quickly so the team wouldn't see you.

Unfortunately, the team saw Semi push you away, telling you to go and walk without him. He sighed, walking a great distance behind you. The team walked far behind him, not saying a word about the altercation. Ushijima was thinking about your and Semi's dynamics. He always noticed you two walking to the dorms together, so to see Semi so upset with you that he doesn't want to be seen with you kind of confused him.

You were twins, siblings, so why do you two act so harsh towards each other?

Ushijima is an only sibling so he assumed all siblings got along, assumed your family life was great.

He was wrong.