4. | Cuts and Bruises

No one has seen you all week, not even your band class and teacher. The team grew worried as rumors spread around the school like wildfire about you and your brother. Semi was off the whole time, sets and serves, he wasn't himself.

One day, Ushijima went to the weight room, seeing you there. You were boxing, thin gloves that showed the blood on your knuckles that stained the punching bag. You weren't throwing soft punches, you used every bit of strength you had into every swing.

He put a hand on your shoulder, one that made you stop for a second. Ushijima turned to look at you, seeing the exhaustion in your face, your eyes. You didn't look at him, ashamed of what has become of you.

"What's going on y/n?"

That was the first time someone even asked how you were after the whole thing. Tears dare to fall from your eyes as your hands now stinging in pain. Ushijima gave you a hug, you finally breaking and crying into him. He just held you as you cried, waiting for you to start talking before he said anything else.

"Wh-why doesn't- he love me-..."

"He does y/n. He's your brother."

"He's not- my brother- anymore.."

You hiccuped through your tears. Ushijima lifted your face and wiped your eyes. He took you to the first aid area, cleaning up your hands as you calmed down from crying. Your hands stung from the antibacterial wash, but you didn't say anything about it.

"Ushijima.."

"Yes?"

"How's he doing..? Eita."

"He's been what the team calls "off the mark." He hasn't been himself. His grades have lowered, he's not doing well in volleyball."

"Oh..."

"...I'm sure he didn't mean what he said to you."

"It doesn't matter. He thought about it and said it... he subconsciously meant it... he doesn't want me in his life.."

"Even if that were true, that doesn't mean you two should hide from one another."

"...do you have any siblings Ushijima?"

"No, I'm an only child."

"Then how would you know how I feel, knowing my own damn twin wants nothing to do with me!"

Tears swelled into your eyes as you looked at him. Ushijima kept his usual face, you two locking eyes and no one daring to look away.

"I know he loves you, and that he is sorry."

For some reason, those words felt so heavy. Your chest feeling heavy as tears silently fell down your cheeks. You looked down at the ground, grabbing your things and walking out of the weight room. Ushijima was left there, wondering what was going to happen between you and your brother...

Shirabu, Goshiki, and Taichi all saw you walk to your dorm in somewhat of a hurry. They stopped to say hi, only to find you in tears as you swiftly walked passed them. Goshiki yelled after you, you heard him but ignored it.

You went into your dorm room, throwing your stuff on the floor, locking the door behind you before just crying with your back to the door. You went to shower, washed your face and tried to stop crying. You did your makeup (if you like that) and tried to make yourself feel pretty, powerful, just to feel anything other than sadness. You put on some comfy clothes and watched TV, trying to distract yourself.

You got a text. You lifted up your phone and opened it to see who it was.

"Hey, can we talk...?"