3. | Regrets

Sunday rolls around, meaning it's your study day. You head to the library with you bag and laptop, settling down at a table in the back with your things. You start with your math class since it's what you struggled in the most (it was a college class).

You're sitting in the back, working on your homework and trying to figure out the next chapter so you can get ahead of the class when some familiar faces join you at your table. It was almost all the volleyball third years except for your brother. You ignored them, trying to focus when Tendo starts tapping his pen on the table and Yamagata's dull pencil making scratching noises against his paper.

You had ADHD, meaning sometimes it's very hard to focus on things when there's distractions around you. Hearing the pencil and pen made your mind fall blank, your hands feeling numb like you can't move away from the sounds. It started to become overwhelming when Reon started to whisper to Ushijima about a question on his paper.

You felt your eyes water in frustration, yet you refused to show them any weakness. You let out a soft sigh before wiping your eyes, lifting your head and asking them "why did you guys sit with me?"

"We want to hang out with you Y/N, Semi-Semi never talks about you or let's us around you." (Tendo)

"Keep your voice down before we get in trouble..!" (Yamagata)

The librarian came by and seemed already annoyed which meant the worst. You guys ended up getting kicked out of the library, even when you explained you weren't the one being loud. Still, you guys got kicked out for the day. You packed up your things and walked to your dorm, feeling the third years following you.

"Stop following me to my dorm room."

"But Y/N~" (Tendo)

"I don't need my brother to be pissed off if he knows you guys are hanging out with me."

"He won't be." (Reon)

You rolled your eyes and went into your dorm room, the four males following behind you inside to your nicely decorated dorm room. Music and band posters everywhere, records and a signed guitar on your wall. The boys were fascinated as you sat down at your desk, setting your stuff up once again.

"You have a nice room. Who's the guitar signed by?" (Yamagata)

"Some old guy my dad knew, Elvis or something. He got it in America and gave it to me since he thought Eita would somehow break it."

The boys sat down on your bed and beanbag, all studying and finally being quiet. You remained somewhat focused for a while until Reon's phone rang, it was your brother wondering where everyone was. Next thing you know, your brother is knocking on your dorm door, yelling at you.

You sigh, getting up and opening the door to see your brother looking pissed off. He pulled you out of the room and shut the door behind you, leaving the four males stunned inside.

"What are you doing hanging out with them?!" (Semi)

"I didn't want them too! They followed me from the library to my dorm!"

"Stay the hell away from MY team." (Semi)

"Why? So they can question our bond even more?! Ushijima is even asking about our relationship."

"Look, you stay away from them and I'll stay away from band." (Semi)

"This isn't negotiable Eita! You're in band too just in a different class!"

You two bickered in the hallway, gradually getting louder and louder to the point other people were coming out of their dorm rooms to see what was going on. The arguing got so bad that Semi said something he would quickly regret.

"I wish I never had you as my twin!"

Your heart dropped, seeing the pure anger in your brother before he realized what he said. You nodded, and smiled as tears slowly fell from your eyes.

"Then let's act like we aren't related... you'd be happier without me anyways..."

"No Y/N, I didn't mean it-"

"No you did. You wouldn't have said or thought about it if you didn't."

You walked away from your dorm room, leaving everyone there stunned at what had happened. Semi stood there, feeling terrible for what he had just said to you. He walked in and saw the team, even more embarrassed as he forgot they were there and heard the entire thing. Everyone stayed silent, gathering their things and leaving the room. Semi tried to stop them and explain, but no one listened to him.

'What have I done...'