there was an effort to have a meeting

alternative chapter title: Athena Gets Ignored

Eleven gods (plus a few minor ones) stood around the council table. Aphrodite, the twelfth, waltzed in and took her place next to Eros.

"What's going on?" Zeus asked. Even in his rubber duckie slippers and a matching robe, he looked menacing. Maybe it had something to do with the huge lightning bolt in his hand.

"Nothing big." Aphrodite waved the question away as if it was a fly buzzing around her head. "Hestia's plotting revenge with a huge fire castle, blah blah blah, did you know Beyonce is retiring?"

Apollo's jaw dropped. "How could she do such a thing? Now, who's gonna make me their role model?"

"Um, I was her role model."

"No, you weren't! Just ask Helios. He sees everything from his sun chariot."

"Helios is biased because you share the sun!"

"No, he-"

"Waaaaaait a second." Zeus cut in. "Did you say Hestia is plotting revenge against us in a fiery castle?"

Aphrodite turned from Apollo to him, an innocent look on her face. "Mt. Everest, I think. But can you believe Beyonce's retiring?"

"No, but-" Zeus started.

"NOBODY CARES!" Athena shouted from behind her book.

"Wait, Beyonce's retiring?" Eros looked up from his divorce papers.

"Eh, she never had much potential," Psyche said. "This meeting is boring anyway." Psyche grabbed Eros and they walked to their room, giggling.

"Zeus, sit back down. I can see the back of your neck." Hera warned.

"Anyone in the mood for some whole-grain crackers?" Demeter shook the box.

"No, mother." Persephone rolled her eyes.

"Some anti-matter crackers sound good right now." Hades mused.

"Maybe later." Hermes yawned.

"Who's up for some wine?" Dionysus asked.

"No one," Poseidon grumbled.

Hera stood up and stomped her foot. "STOP TALKING!" She shouted. "WE HAVE A REAL PROBLEM HERE!"

"But Beyonce-" Hermes started.

Zeus cut him off. "I never thought I would say this, but Hera is right. If Hestia is plotting revenge, we should stop her before this gets out of hand."

Ares stood up. "This is no biggie. Hestia's the goddess of the hearth; what can she do?"

Athena looked at him. "We don't know, and that is much scarier than knowing. It will be something none of us suspects. I will go to Mt. Everest tomorrow and talk Hestia out of this."

"Why talk her out of it? Often the best way to solve a problem is to eliminate it," Ares said, cracking his knuckles. "No revenge-plotting goddess no revenge-plotting goddess problems."

"Then who will tend to the hearth?" Hera countered. "Who will make us our pre-breakfast, breakfast, brunch, midmorning tea and biscuits, lunch, after lunch, afternoon snack, pre-dinner, dinner, dessert, after dessert, and late-night meal?"

Ares contemplated this.

"We could have three meals a day, like those humans," Hephaestus suggested.

"And sink to their level?" Zeus scoffed. "Never!"

"Yeah, I guess it was a stupid plan." Hephaestus drooped over the table.

"I'll go," Athena said.

Zeus looked at her. "Do you think that you can talk her out of this?"

"I know I can."

"Well then, leave tomorrow at sunrise. And try to convince her quickly; we'll be ready for pre-breakfast."

thank you for reading chapter two of my story! be sure to check out my friends MrSnuggles222 and KOTLCWATERGIRL01 for more content like this!

p.s. for those of you wondering when I post it's from 9-11AM weekends and 3-7PM weekdays, sometimes late at night when I'm feeling quirky