~{ Chapter 6 }~

Night 1 :)

Nothing.

The analogue clock ticked to [12:01] then [12:02] then [12:03]. Perhaps this simply was just a normal night-guard job at a normal restaurant from a franchise of a normal company.

That was, until the phone rang.

Cautiously, Rory pressed the speaker button. A high frequency trill was let out and then a voice.

" Uh, hello? Hello, hello? Uh, hello and welcome to your new summer job, at the new and improved, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, I'm here to talk you through some of the things you can expect to see during your first week here and to help you get started down this new and exciting career path. "

Clearly this was some recorded message the trio glanced at one-another before continuing to listen in.

" Uh, now, I want you to forget anything you may have heard about the old location, you know. Uh, some people still have a somewhat negative impression of the company. "

They were all thinking the same thing, " old location ".. what could that mean? They'd have to ask a worker during the day

" Uh... that old restaurant was kind of left to rot for quite a while, but I want to reassure you, Fazbear Entertainment is committed to family fun and above all, safety. They've spent a small fortune on these new animatronics. Uh, facial recognition, advanced mobility, they even let them walk around during the day. Isn't that neat? "

The man on the end of the recording cleared his throat
" But most importantly, they're all tied into some kind of criminal database, so they can detect a predator a mile away. Heck, we should be paying them to guard you. "

" A criminal database.. what on earth could a semi-small restaurant need with one of those? " Rory asked, eyes on The Doctor who was consentrating on the 'phone guy's' voice

" Uh, now that being said, no new system is without its... kinks. Uh... you're only the second guard to work at that location. Uh, the first guy finished his week but complained about... conditions. Uh, we switched him over to the day shift. So hey, lucky you, right? Uh, mainly he expressed concern that certain characters seemed to move around at night and even attempted to get into his office. Now, from what we know, that should be impossible. Uh, that restaurant should be the safest place on Earth. So while our engineers don't really have an explanation for this, the working theory is that... the robots were never given a proper "night mode". So when it gets quiet, they think they're in the wrong room. So then they go try to find where the people are, and in this case, that's your office. "

Amy looked horrified. They'd have to deal with those awful looking things all night? Good grief.
Rory pressed the button that switched their security camera screen to the stage view before sighing in relief at the fact that they were all there

" So our temporary solution is this: there's a music box over by the Prize Counter, and it's rigged to be wound up remotely. So just, every once in a while, switch over to the Prize Counter video feed and wind it up for a few seconds. It doesn't seem to affect all of the animatronics, but it does affect... one of them.
Uh, and as for the rest of them, we have an even easier solution. You see, there may be a minor glitch in the system, something about robots seeing you as an endoskeleton without its costume on, and wanting to stuff you into a suit... So hey, we've given you... an empty Freddy Fazbear head! Problem solved! You can put it on anytime, and leave it on for as long as you want. Eventually, anything that wandered in, will wander back out. "

Great.

" Well, I think that's it. Uh, you should be golden. Uh, check the lights, put on the Freddy head if you need to, uh, keep the music box wound up, piece of cake. Have a good night, and I'll talk to you tomorrow. "

And the audio cut off, leaving the trio, once more, in silence. They appeared gobsmacked.
For The Doctor, so many things were rushing through their head. Endoskeletons, Freddie, Old location, Security system, Amy, Rory, That noise.. the list could go on.
His head whipped up.
That noise, Rory had heard it too. And his eyes were on the computer monitor. The image of the stage was full of static, nothing could be seen.
He attempted switching to the other cameras and they were fine, except one.

[ Cam 07 ]

Everything started to spiral from there. A music box noise started up and was getting louder. More banging could be heard from outside the room. The lights were not working as they should and a high frequency was playing in the air one strobe white noise.

Amy started to crank the music box. Winding it up as she headed under the table along with Rory.

The doctor simply put the Freddy head on and sat up, almost frozen in shock at the chaos around them.

The building felt as though it was shaking with all the noise surrounding it. Clearly something had heard that phone call and thought there was a party in the office. And that something wanted to wish them all a very special birthday.

Hah- most of this chapter was just phone guy - copied and pasted from the fnaf phone guy wiki page if you're interested

See ya!