15. Possibility - Lykke Li (DNF)

A/N: Just to let ya'll know, I'm not a lawyer! So half of this stuff is me learning from Daredevil, so in reality some of this might not uphold in the court of law. Most of this is actually idek lol.

My alarm blares throughout my room and wakes me. I get out of bed, change into my normal work attire, and get my briefcase. My small apartment holds me, needs to only hold me considering I have no one to host anyway. 

I work at Nelson and Murdock, a law office that's not entirely grown, but we're getting the name slowly out there. My bosses are Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock, along with our secretary Karen Page. Matt and Foggy typically handle bigger cases, while I'm new to the game and handle more seemingly simple ones. 

Or at least cases that Matt and Foggy don't want to represent because the person might actually be guilty of something bad. Honestly I have no problem representing that, we desperately need money. I walk into our office and Karen says, "Morning George." 

I smile, "Morning Karen." 

My desk is next to Karen's desk, while our bosses have their own small rooms. She asks, "I have a new case if you want to check it out?" 

"Did you show Matt and Foggy?" I ask. 

She sighs, "Well they didn't want it because it seems like a bulletproof case against a genuine killer." 

I hold my hand out, "I'll see the case." 

She hands me some files and I look through them. Dream vs. The people: twenty two year old male, born raised in Florida, white, 6'3, accused of multiple counts of murder across New York. I go through the files and say, "Just looks like he got caught killing." 

Karen says, "Yeah, but he's still gotten a trial somehow, in a week. And he wanted us to represent him. I don't know. Maybe he heard of Foggy and Matt with the Punisher case or something. Probably he thought we think killing is alright? I don't know. Do you want to represent him?" 

I sigh, "How much is he paying?" 

"Not a lot, but it's something to keep the lights on." she replied. 

I say, "Ok yeah, i'll take it. It's probably open and shut, but maybe I can get more." 

I stand up and ask, "Where's he right now?" 

"Being held at the correctional facility." she replied. 

I smile, "Thanks." I grab my things and head out. 

After I go through security and such, I get through to a meeting with Dream. I sit in my seat, waiting for him. The door creaks open and in walks two guards with the criminal. The chains around his hands clang, he walks in front of me, chair screeching as he pulls it out. 

He sits down and says, "Who are you?" I stare at his green eyes, freckled face, and fluffy dirty blonde hair. 

I say, "Hello Mr. Dream, I am your defense attorney from Nelson and Murdock." 

He says, "You don't look blind." 

I say, "That's Mr. Murdock." 

He says, "So who are you? Nelson?" 

"No. I'm another attorney in the office. I'm here to represent you." I replied. 

He stares at me up and down, "What's your name?" 

"George." I replied. 

He holds out a hand across the table. The guards flinch near him before he says, "Relax. I'm shaking his hand." 

I shake his hand and he says, "Dream." 

I start talking about the case and he interrupts me, "George, I don't know what this so-called evidence you are about to show me is. But I'm telling you its bullshit and I'm innocent. I know that I've been accused of heinous crimes, written in that file, I'm sure it's fucking crazy. But I'm telling you right now, they've got the wrong guy. I'm innocent."