Forty Five

"Méalla, I'm calling to say good-bye.
Hope and I, we can't be part of your family anymore. All Hope's life, her family has tried to destroy her. That can't be my little girl's story. Family is supposed to love you. Even if she is free of Dahlia's firstborn curse, Hope would still be Klaus' daughter. She'd inherit 1,000 years of enemies, all his anger and rage. I don't want Hope to be a Mikaelson. All the pain that comes with that name, she doesn't deserve that. And I know if you were here, you'd tell me the same about Saoirse and Alex. Like you asked Jack, we're going to take care of them. Méalla, good-bye."
As the voicemail ended, Méalla took a deep breath. She felt Rebekah squeeze her arm. Elijah and Rebekah had just gotten back from where they've been plotting the demise of Dahlia while Méalla had been watching over Klaus for the time he's been daggered.
"Aren't you angry?" Rebekah said, a little puzzled.
"No. Like she said, I asked Jackson to take care of them. And she's right. The Mikaelson name is bloody and they're too innocent."

"Klaus is gone!" Méalla said as she rushed into the courtyard only to find him holding Elijah by the neck on the balcony.
"Oh Little Quill, I'm right here. You know, I never thought you would be one to betray me."
"You're not the only one who's daughter is in danger." Méalla growled.
"I will be with her every step of the way."
"You didn't." Méalla took a step back, shocked at this.
"I'll be able to raise my daughter and yours, tell them stories about their treacherous mothers."
"She will take... everything from us." Elijah gasped out.
"You took everything when you broke our vow. Perhaps I'll take something from you." Klaus said as Méalla lunged for him, but he grabbed her arm and twisted her into a body hold and forced her and Elijah to the railing.
"Méalla?"
"Elijah?" Anna was being held tightly by Gia, having just walked into view.
"No!" Méalla cried.
"Gia, be a sweetheart and feed on Anna till her heart stops then you can take off your daylight ring."
"No! No!" Méalla screamed as Gia bit into Anna's neck. "Dammit Niklaus let her go, please!" Without a second thought, Gia dropped Anna's lifeless body.
"No!"
"Elijah, I can't stop myself." Gia said, terrified as she removed the daylight ring from her finger.
"No!"
"You seem vexed, Little Quill. Wait until you see what I've got in store for Hayley. But oh wait, there's more!"
Throwing Elijah Dow the stairs, Klaus brought out Papa Tunde's knife as Dahlia came into view. She was chanting.
"Niklaus. I have been there for you, I have loved you,.."
"And you betrayed me!"
"To protect our daughters! Please!" Méalla barely got out before Klaus stabbed her in the heart with the blade. As she desiccated, she heard him say, "You of all people should've known better."

"Klaus!" Camille called as Méalla's body dropped from Klaus' grip. He walked down the stairs to her, carelessly daggering Elijah as he went.
"You shouldn't have come here, Camille."
"I came here because you need me. You need me to tell you that this... this is not you, and I know you are hurt, but please listen to me. You are better than this."
"Is there a problem?" Dahlia's voice came from the entryway, startling Cami.
"Not at all. Just another victim."
"No. Klaus, I know you won't hurt me. I have known that from the second we met. I trust you." Cami backed up slowly.
"Then you are already lost." Klaus said, a hand gripping Cami's face before yanking her towards him and burrowing his head into her neck. 
"No!"
"Quite the sinister plot they had planned. It would have failed in the end, though. Just as well you came to your senses and sided with me. " Dahlia said just as Rebekah came barreling through.
"Have you lost your mind?"
"My mind is quite clear. I just decided to purge it of treacherous barnacles."
"Bastard! How could you?" Rebekah said angrily.
"Actually, it was rather simple. I just recalled what Elijah did to me and reciprocated ten-fold. Be careful, or I'll apply the same equation to you." Klaus shrugged. "Marcellus, keep Rebekah here. If she tries to leave... well, you do enjoy life as a mortal... you can punish her by taking that life away."
"Go to hell." Rebekah growled.
"If by hell you mean somewhere you are betrayed by those you hold most dear, then it's from hell I've just come. I didn't much care for it. Do as you're told. There's a good lad."
"The children's magic is still cloaked. I shall need yours and Méalla's blood to track her." Dahlia said matter of factly.
"No. Nik, don't!" Rebekah pleaded.