Fifty One

Méalla's red hair tangled with Isabel's black hair as they lay entwined in Isabel's bed. Méalla's heart had never beat for one has it has beat for Isabel.
Méalla curled a finger around a long lock of hair around the sleeping Isabel's face as she remembered how they met. The night the Mikaelsons had successfully conned their way into the castle, Isabel had come to court later than her siblings. Méalla had met Tristan and Aurora and found them a bit off-putting, but when the room quieted around Isabel's entrance, she knew she had to know the beauty. The kindness in her gaze as she spoke to the servants was a welcome relief to the superiority complexes of the nobles surrounding them.
Things had started slow at first. A touch, a glance, a word. Then they began to spend time together that led to secret meetings. Soon Méalla was craving time with Isabel, wanting nothing more to be together.
That night was to forever change them however. Lucien would go on to be caught in Aurora's room, causing Tristan to increase guards around both sisters. Then they discovered the healing properties of their blood when Lucien attacked Niklaus. And now Aurora has turned herself and tricked Méalla into turning Isabel. The blood soaking the white gowns pooled as Isabel's eyes opened, glassy, disoriented.
"Shh my love. We were tricked by Aurora. I'm afraid you're now like me." Méalla first tried to be comforting but turned shameful as she spoke. How could she have let her guard down! The one thing she had promised never to do. Isabel's eyes grew veins underneath, indicating her hunger. Isabel leapt out of the bed, causing a loud bang. This resulted in a guard running in, stopping at seeing Lady Isabel covered in blood. It wasn't long before Isabel started to feed on the guard, draining him of blood completely.

Freya was in the upstairs study where she was sitting cross-legged on a small purple yoga mat on the floor. After a moment, an unhappy-looking Klaus walked in and seemed surprised to see her.
"What are you doing here"?
Freya gave him a look that was both annoyed and amused.
"I live here?" She deadpanned.
Klaus sighed. "Yes. Obviously."
Freya stood and started doing another yoga pose.
"I just hadn't realized you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave! Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentleman callers perusing the contents of my refrigerator this morning."
Freya smirked happily and switched poses again.
"Your concern for my whereabouts is touching."
"I simply want to know who is here at any given moment! I hardly think that's too much to ask."
Just then, an annoyed Hayley and an amused Elijah walked into the room to join them.
"Well, as long as we're talking attendance..." she said sarcastically.
Klaus, mockingly. "Oh, good! It's my not-so-loving older brother and my former one-night-stand! What a nice, normal family gathering."
Hayley rolled her eyes and smiled fakely at Klaus.
"Only missing the sister you claimed to love most and how many other siblings? So charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you."
"Well, clearly what the situation needs is more opinions." Klaus snipped and looked at Elijah.
"I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy?"
Hayley shot Elijah a glare, and he smiled in amusement.
"I was just getting to that."
Hayley turned back to Klaus.
"Now would be good."
Klaus rolled his eyes. "Well, it appears my old mate Lucien has acquired a genuine seer, and in an effort to prove his good intentions, he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff, really-- not for the faint of heart."
Hayley, confused. "Who's doom are we talking about, here? Because if it's yours, I think we're all okay with that. Anyone else, we might take action."
Klaus chuckled, slightly amused. He'd never tell, but he missed her comments.
"Well, sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But, chin up! This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving. So, you may just get your wish!"
Hayley smiled. "Well, I want to meet this psychic witch."
She turned and looked back at Elijah.
"Tonight."

Méalla felt the whoosh of a letter entering her pocket as she sat in the kitchen, reading the newspaper.
Out from the letter dropped a black card. On one side it said The Strix and the other "You are cordially invited to an evening of exquisite excess. The Davilla Estate, 7041 St. Charles Avenue. Midnight"
The letter was short and straight to the point.
Dearest Méalla,
It's been too long. All of your siblings are in New Orleans, perhaps you should join them. I figured you might like to attend this party, I hear a certain Alpha will be there. And a certain former mentee I'm sure you'd love to see get into a bit of trouble.
I will be arriving in New Orleans at my brother's behest due to the sireline wars, and it would make sense for my very own sire to be there.
Faithfully yours,
Isabel De Martel
P.S. Just to reassure you, I do not know where this letter will find you. I simply asked a witch to perform the letter spell to wherever you were. However I figured you wouldn't be far. Save me a dance perhaps? For old times sake?

Méalla sighed. Time to go back into the fray.
"Alex! We're going back to New Orleans, start packing the most important stuff, we'll get the rest later."
Méalla called up the stairs as she headed to start packing her things.
"Do we have to?"
"Unfortunately!" Méalla called back. "I'll make it up to you, maybe we could spend the holidays here!"

Méalla pulled out her phone to send a single text to Hayley.
"Couldn't stay away. Save a dance for me tonight?"