CHAPTER FOUR

Australia

Out of POV

"This is the Deviant you fought in London?" Kingo asked Ikaris as they were walking in the front.

"It's different." He answered. "There must be more out there than we thought."

Karun rushed over to the body with his camera out and ready.

"This is a Deviant, sir?"

"Yeah," Kingo replied solemnly.

"Ah!  It's a beautiful creature!"

"What, this?! What no!  It's hideous! You've never had one try to bite your head off! Roll." Kingo commanded, Karun posting the camera at him as we were walking. Sprite, Sersi and Ikaris was gazing at the small shack in front of them, a little courtyard in the front that had a working oven and drapes overhead to shield from the sun, mud walls, and small knick-knacks all over the place. It was a small and quiet home.

"You're about to meet two of the greatest warriors the world has ever known!  Thena: Legendary, daring, fashionable!" Kingo explained to the camera as they were approached the front door. Ikaris went to pounding on the door, the rest of them standing a bit back to give space. Karun zoomed his camera right on the door itself, ready for the appearance.

"And her trusty friend, a mighty powerhouse of strength... The fiercesome Gilgamesh!" Kingo introduced him, though no one was coming out of the house itself.  It was a awkward pause, almost uneventful, but the smell sound of a radio was heard in the house. Someone was indeed home.

"Gilgamesh!" Kingo called one more time.  Then the doors flew open, a figure standing there in the doorway that towers over the rest of us. He, like the others, looked just the same as before. His stature was broad and built on muscle, yet his face and stare that was almost bothered.

Gilgamesh, clad in an apron that said, 'Kiss the Cook'.  He's biceps has a slash, probably because of Thena's Mahd Wy'ry. He looked at all of them, finally speaking. 

"What took you so long?" Gilgamesh waved off Karun, wanting the camera out of his face.

"You looked younger today, Sprite." Gilgamesh said as he walked passed them.

"I have the same apron." Karun commented with chuckles.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Karun. Kingo's valet."

"Oh, valet. Like Alfred in Batman."

"Gilgamesh." Ikaris spoke. "The Deviants are back."

"No, shit." Gilgamesh responded. "I could have use some help."

"We were attacked by Deviants in London, too." Sprite stated.

"Even Ikaris couldn't get it." Sersi said as she and Ikaris looked at each other.

"You couldn't?" Gilgamesh asked as he moved away from his wood stove.

"I was distracted." Ikaris reasoned.

"Sure man." Gilgamesh chuckled, teasingly before moving to his handmade (?) oven.

"Hey, you guys wanna try my pie?" Gil asked, holding out a pan of pie. (A/N: Obviously, it was a blueberry pie, Thena's favorite.)

"I'm sorry Gil. Ajak's dead." Ikaris said.

They watched with sadness and remorse as they told the news to Gilgamesh. It was so hard to see his face fall from hearing the news, almost painful as he looked down in defeat. The cast iron skillet he had in his hand with his pie was now limp at his side, the pie falling onto the floor with no resistance.