CHAPTER ELEVEN

Iraq

"We're not too far away, it's around the corner at the excavation site." Phastos explained, leading the way with his device out to guide him while we followed. We all flanked on both sides as we were about to leave the valley into the open air. Sprite waved her hand once, creating invisibility for all of us to be hidden in plain sight.

We then could see the excavation site about 400 feet out, a mass open area showed some digging was already happening with at least 4 cars and a handful of people doing through the dirt. Right below them was our beloved ship, and we can just in time to stop them.

"Druig?" Ikaris asked.

"On it." Druig replied, his yellow eyes already at work to have the archeologist get up and vacay the area within minutes. We all stood still for a moment, waiting for them to pile in their cars and drive off to wherever Druig sent them. Once we knew they were out of the way, Sprite took away our invisibility and we walked right up to the main dig site. There was a hole around the main area in the dirt, small areas where there were holes, and clear evidence of a digging session.

Phastos tapped his homing device once, then having all of us feel the rumbling below our feet like the earth was moving. In the opening of the site, rocks and boulders moved to the side as the sand and soil shifted. There was something clearly underneath, and we could see a dark structure rising from beneath. Dusty was picking up everywhere, having me thankful I was wearing my sunglasses while we watched our old home float up in the air. It was like I was reminded of old times, having this place be our home for so long.

The Domo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For boring atmosphere fills the air! The eery stillness chokes our lungs." Kingo whispered to Karun as we were walking in the familiar hallway of our old ship. It looked just the same, except there were more things scattered about in the hallways. I noticed a massive stack of books in one area, a stack of jewels in another area too. Something felt very different being back here, and although I haven't been on the Domo in about 400 years give or take, it felt different.

Where was all of this stuff coming from?

"What are you doing? You know you're creeping us out, you know that right?" Phastos said to him, already in annoyance as we were walking together down the main hallway that would lead to Phastos' lab.

"Don't step over-"

A loud pop was heard, having us all watch Phastos freak out for a moment or two before he calmed himself down. We all stayed calm while he was panicking, but once he calmed down again he looked down to what it was.

"Oh! It was chips, just chips!" Phastos said in a nervous laugh, reaching down to grab the opened bag of chips. We all just have him a neutral look, but it was Kingo who looked back at Karun.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions... Wuch as cowardness," Kingo said to Karun, then stopping to see something ahead of him. We all looked too, hearing soft classical music in the direction of the lab. After walking down the hallway more feet, we finally made it to the lab.

There were books everywhere, piled up high and in different sizes and volumes. Some of them looked ancient, and some of them looked like they were brand new at the same time. All we could see were artifacts, pieces that clearly showed every era. The knights' armor, desks filled with paperwork and parchment, goblets etched in gold, Egyptian tablets, it was like we were walking into a natural history museum... But it was on our ship.

A throne was right in the middle of the lab, with one person speeding reading through a book, and sitting sideways on the throne. The pages were flipping every millisecond as we flooded the room in awe.