chapter 2 - day one

Montana's POV

"Josh?" I ask coming into his office. He immediately walks over from the window that's hanging over the city with a smile. He's got perfect teeth, and his hair is a beautiful black color to match his mixed skin tone. But instead of typical brown eyes you see on everyone, he's got green eyes that make him even more handsome. Not to mention he seems to be in fairly decent shape.

"Hi, you are?" He asks as I shake his firm hand. "I'm Montana, I just got hired and met Mr. Hayward, I'll be working under you starting tomorrow and I just wanted to introduce myself." I tell him as he shakes our hands and pulls away.

"Really?" He asks as I stand in shock. "Yes." I admit as he laughs. "Sorry, it's just we don't usually have, women accountants." He tells me.

"I hear that, but why are there so many applicants for this position and no women are on this floor?" I ask feeling the amount of testosterone all over me.

"Mr. Montgomery Sr, met his wife through this building and refused to have women working around him after she cheated. It was kind of shoved under the books until he remarried when the company exploded. They mended things before he passed, and I know eventually things will be more normal with females here but he just liked it that way. Whereas his son, Zeus, doesn't necessarily have a preference as long as the work is done." He tells me. Zeus? I didn't read that anywhere on the internet. He named his son Zeus? I have never heard of such.

"He named his son Zeus. Zeus is Mr. Montgomery?" I ask him as he nods adjusting his suit.

"Yeah, not many people know. I just happen to know through other guys who work higher up." He tells me as I nod.

"Of course. Well, it's nice to meet you and I'll see you tomorrow." I state out as he nods and smilies. "Great, my daughter will be here tomorrow since my wife will be out of town and no babysitter was available so please just knock softly if you need anything. She's only four months old." He tells me as I finally look at his hand and see his wedding band.

Uggh! Why do all the hot ones have wife's? It's so frustrating. Not that I'm mad but he's attractive and if he wasn't my supervisor in a way, I would totally be into him. My last boyfriend looked a lot like him, and I really thought that he was special. Sure I don't want to get married, and I don't want to have children, but he made me almost reconsider until one day he randomly broke up with me. And I was crushed for weeks until I swore that I had done nothing wrong and he did. But I never think I fully trusted men after that, because what's to stop multiple men from breaking my heart? Nothing, I answer.

"Wonderful. Congratulations. I'll see you tomorrow." I smile back walking out. I make my way to the elevator feeling mens eyes all over my body as I turn and they all quickly look away making me laugh as I ride the elevator down to the first floor and smile.

Montana Derek is officially employed, I couldn't be happier.

____

When I get home I immediately hug Millie into my arms. "Mommy has a job!" I smile as I kiss her face and she licks my chin as I hug her tightly. I smile as I look at the animal network I left playing for her when I left for my interview, and her cat toys all over the floor.

I sit her down and open a small can of cat food before placing it in her bowl and rubbing her back while she eats away. I slip off my heels as I throw them in on my bed and clean up her toys and liter box in the laundry room a bit.

Once that's done, I change out of my dress before slipping on gym clothes, my leggings, sports bra and oversized tee with running shoes. I walk back into the kitchen and eat a quick protein bar before filling up a water bottle and grabbing my keys and phone from my bag for the gym downstairs.