School (Part 3)

Soft continuous vibration shook throughout the mattress from a phone on the bed, showing the time 7.30am. A soft groan came from under the blanket and soft black hair appeared from under the blanket. A pale slender arm reached out and stopped the alarm and the sound of rustling bedsheets can be heard. Yuuma got up from the bed with a dazed expression and messy hair before stretching and heading to the bathroom to do his morning routine.

Once he was done, Yuuma decided to prepare a light breakfast until his phone rang. Who would call him so early in the morning? Yuuma went to pick up the phone.

 "Hello?" 

A feminine voice appeared on the other end of the call, "Hello there. Is this the parent of Haruki Kei?"

"Um.. no I am Haruki Kei. I don't have parents."

"Ah. I am the principal of Rosewood High. I called to inform you that you have been admitted into the school. Fortunately for you, you are just in time for the first semester of the school year! Your class is 3-A. I will be emailing you your class schedule in a few minutes. Also, please don't worry about uniforms. Those are not necessary, hence you can wear any outfit you like. Although it has to follow our dress code. Please do remember to buy your textbooks in time for the school year though. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful time in Rosewood High!"

"Ah, thank you principal for the information. Have a good day!"

Yuuma hung up and nearly jumped up and down in excitement. He had been accepted into a school! Countless imaginations ran through his mind as he immediately started to prepare for the start of the school year, which is in 2 days. Ahhh... I wonder if it is going to be fun?

(A/N: *cackles*)

...

2 days later...

Yuuma was listening to music with his headphones while on the bus to school. For some reason, he was feeling quite nervous. After all, this is the first public school he has gone to in his entire life. Would he be able to make friends? Would he be able to follow the school schedule? This was such a new experience that he didn't know how to go about it. Maybe he could ask someone? A classmate? A teacher? Ahhh he's just so lost but I suppose he'll decide when he reaches there. What's the point of fussing about it now?  

Soon enough, the bus has reached his stop at the school so Yuuma alighted. He looked towards the huge building in front of him and took in a deep breath. He then walked pass the main gate while maintaining a straight face and soon entered the school building. A bustling scene entered his eyes as students chatted and walked about doing their business. Only a few people threw a short glance in his direction before ignoring him. At this scene, another feeling bubbled up in his heart besides nervousness. It was the previous excitement he had. 

Yuuma went to find his locker as the principal had also emailed his locker number along with his schedule. Soon, he found his locker and put all of his textbooks inside and only taking out the ones he needed for the first few lessons. This process took a few minutes due to the many books. When Yuuma was done, the bell rung to signal the start of the first lesson, to which all the students started to head to their respective classrooms while chatting with friends.

Yuuma had already spotted his classroom on the way to his locker so he walked with a fast pace and a fast beating heart to class 3-A. As soon as he entered the room, a lot of eyes suddenly landed on his figure, which almost made him freeze up in anxiety but a voice soon resounded, "All right class quiet down! We have a new transfer student for this year. Please introduce yourself to us." A female teacher, Ms Miyuki, said as she smiled at Yuuma.

Yuuma took a deep breath and nodded, picking up a marker and writing his fake name 'Haruki Kei' on the board. He turned around and smiled a cute smile.

 "Hello everyone, my name is Haruki Kei. I was previously homeschooled so I hope you all can go easy on me if I struggle to keep up. I love music and can play multiple instruments. It is nice to meet you all!"