IV: Disturbing Dreams

"Intense personal loyalty to the ones you love will be your fatal flaw. A hero of the prophecy cannot afford that..."   

 "You're not the hero of the prophecy.." 

"Seven shall answer the call,  to storm or fire the world must fall, an oath to keep with a final breath, foes bear arms on the doors of death. "

"Do not let it happen again. Promise me." 

"Promise me you'll keep Bianca safe..."

"You're a coward! That's what you are! 

 "If it wasn't for him, our realm would have been saved!''

"Family Luke, you promised..."

"He has a duty to this realm as much as I do. He's as much as your son as I am."

"You helped him save his world and now he helps you save yours!"

"Stop it!!" Percy screamed, already on his knees as the words keep circling him, ghosts of the speakers along with them. His wish was soon granted as a unsettling quite settled overtime. 

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Percy couldn't see a thing here. But one of the voices did sound familiar to him. "You have your prisoners, giant. Our deal ends here. Get going.."

"The city has 'The Gift' hidden here!! It was taken from the giants unrighteously, I want it returned. " 

"The city and all of its treasures belong to the Titans now."

 " Trecheary!"

"The gift isn't in the treasury, dumbo. The whelp had it hidden somewhere. Make it  spill the beans, and if it's inside the city, half of it is ours. If it isn't, you can hunt it out and have it all for yourself. One more word from you.. "

"And what? What will you threaten me with, you little fool!"

"Oh,  I don't know, I might just mistakenly slip out yours and your prisoners' whereabouts to win his Grace's favor..." 

"You wouldn't dare.." 

"I might,  if you don't leave my sight right now." And then, his dream shifted.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

It was a dark cave. Might have been underwater, but Percy felt suffocated and choked all the same. A small body hung limp at the far corner, it's hands and legs chained.

 An old man whispered, "You aren't healing anymore." his voice hoarse from the lack of use. "And what good was that doing me anyway?", the prisoner rasped. "To heal, only to bleed the next day! And the coward wouldn't even hand me a sword to defend myself!"

 "Now now, you must not lose-" "Hope?" the prisoner laughed. "Does the word even have it's meaning here? You do not feel the seas like I do, commander. This place signifies everything that isn't Poseidon. There is only so much I can do to not let the poison touch you. The poison is burning me inside out, commander. For thousands of miles I can feel no magic, no power in the ocean."  the prisoner whispers. "You mustn't speak so loudly, he might get angry..."  "You're the one who has lost hope. Cowering in fear of a gaint who is too scared to arm an opponent who is not even as long as his arm!"

"Is that so, my dear... Take it then," he tossed the prisoner his sword. He snapped his fingers and the chains gave out. No sooner had the prisoner lifter his sword, a green mist encircled him, making the prisoner choke. He threw a giant ball of Greek fire at the prisoner, and he screamed. He threw another, he screamed. Another, another, another, until the prisoners' knee buckled and he collapsed, sobbing in a would-up ball.