2 Scene: Business

Miami, Florida
April 10, 2021
11:00 AM

The sun was rising up again in the beautiful city of Miami, letting his citizens enjoy this wonderful saturday. Well, all except one person.

Adam was awake by the heavy knockings on the door of the apartment. Already knowing who's responsible, he quickly got up from his messy bed and dressed himself with his least dirty white shirt, one Jean pants and some white sneakers. He got to the bathroom and washed  his short messy blond hair and  removed the little crusty things in his green eyes. Now considering ready to go, he got to his messy living room and opened his front door that reveled the old owner of the building.

"Good morning mister oliver" said Adam already knowing what he would say.

"Good morning mister Adam. I have come here to ask you abou-" " -t the rent, I know, but unfortunately I don't have it. " Adam completed before the owner could end.

"Well, do you have some reason to not have? " oliver said, already getting angry " if don't, I have to expel you for not paying your 3 months. "

"Well, you see, my mother died yesterday and I had to pay for her funeral. " Adam said with a sad face.

" another dead family member? Your dad had died one week ago and now your mother? " the owner said doubting, already knowing the way Adam got away with this kind of things.

" well, you know what they say about bad luck, besides... " Adam says with tears falling from his eyes " i-i would ne-never lie about so-something  so-so
Serious. " Adam then began to openly cry and sob. Oliver was still doubting, but with the way he was acting, the owner finally gave up.

"Look... You don't have to pay now. " "re-realy? " Adam says, looking at oliver with hope. " yes, I give you one more week to you arrange money. After that, no more chances."  "Thank you mister! " oliver was then hugged by the crying mess that was Adam. " you won't regret this! " " yes, yes, now get of me and arrange this money fast, alright? " Adam nodded with the head and got back to his apartment, closing the door. Oliver went to the elevator to continue his routine, sighting when he got there.

"What I gonna to with this boy? "

"Where the f#ck I gonna get this money? "

Adam wondered in the couch.
He got free one more time but he was sure as hell he didn't have a third one. The problem was that the money, this being 1.800,00 dollars, wasn't gonna get  payed with his job at macDonalds nor with his " buying useless things " problem he had. Unless...

*RIIIING RIIIING*

Like a cartoonish turning on lamp idea, the sound of a phone ringed convenient at the corner of the room. Adam smiled and run to it, bringing the phone to his ears to hear the blessed phone call.

"Hi,  this is laila from miami automobiles, I calling to warn you that we have a new client that needs to be attended right now! Come over to North West 23th street, in case you forgot. Ho! And don't forget to wear your uniform! " the call began and ended with a feminine voice speaking nonsense. Of course, Adam already had get the memo and only memorized the location.

"Hope they are greedy enough to have a lot of money free" Adam whispered while going to one of the drawers. Inside of it was what he was looking for: a black gorilla mask. He put in his pocket and ran to the elevator. When he got to the ground floor, he got out of the building and entered his old and reliable beetle. turning the key and tapping the pedal, he drove down the road to do what he always wanted when he was a kid... Kill bad guys.