The Crow Club

So, the origin of this cover isn't really very interesting. I've been planning to do a collaboration with my friend, zanyish , which we wanted to be grishaverse themed. I got bored, so I made this cover as a default.

Process

So we wanted the collaboration to be Grishaverse themed, and I immediately thought of Six of Crows because, well, I love it [I'm sorry to say] even more than Shadow and Bone [almost]. We still haven't thought of what we want to do yet, so I decided to make it club themed even though we have no interest in making it a club. I immediately thought of The Crow Club. 

Now that I had the title and theme down I needed to make some elements. Obviously, I went for a dark theme. I drew the circle and added a crow inside because I thought that it would look a lot like a logo. I redid the cover a few times because I wasn't quite satisfied with it. I originally used a black background, so all the elements were blending in. The black also wasn't really very interesting it was really bland. So I decided to switch it up. I added a picture of iron as the background because iron is mostly associated with cold, ruthlessness, and it's very commonly used to make swords. 

After that, I did a bit of trial and error on the text, and viola, here we have it! 

That's all for now, folks, see you guys in the next chapter~