Chapter 2 - Waking Up

Ellie's POV:

I groan as I realise that one of my brothers is tugging on my leg to wake me up. I open my eyes to be met with a blurry image of perfectly gelled dark brown hair and a face with a thick dark outline of glasses... Alex. "Ugh, let me sleeeep" I moan to my younger brother as I roll over and close my eyes, "haha, not a chance" he says as he yanks me out of bed and throws me over his shoulder. Even though I am one of the oldest members of the family, I am by far the smallest, being 5'1" and only 45 kilos, meaning that living with 7 brothers is not necessarily an easy task. Alex is the lankiest of the brothers but that doesn't stop him.

"ALEX! I NEED MY GLASSES" I yell at my 19-year-old brother, and he shows the tiniest bit of compassion and grabs my glasses off my nightstand and throws them at me before running downstairs with me still over his shoulder. We enter the kitchen where Maxi is making breakfast for everyone. Lex runs past him, and I manage to reach my hand out far enough to mess up his sandy blond hair. "Morning guys!" the 26-year-old laughs, showing off his perfect teeth, as he watches on as some of the other boys come to help Lex with the torturing of their only sister. I am thrown onto the couch and the junior twins take their chance and start tickling me in my weak spots, "Jakey, Ty, please... I can't breathe" I gasp, and they continue, laughing their heads off. I can't tell who's who, all I see is two pairs of blue eyes, a mess of freckles and two incredibly messy mops of brown hair. "Breakfast is ready!" I hear Maxi yell from the kitchen, "oh thank god" I say as all the boys bolt to the other room.

After recovering from my morning wake-up session, I make my way to the dining room where all the boys are sitting in silence, scoffing their bacon and eggs. "Do you guys ever eat anything healthy? I mean, you are all smart enough to know that bacon and eggs every morning is a really shitty diet" I say as I grab an apple from the fruit bowl, "language!" Haz, the 17-year-old baby, gasps in fake hurt, "well, you should know that eating nothing but an apple until dinner is almost as shitty" Cal shoots back. Cal is 24, he has most of the same features as the junior twins but is ten years older. I poke my tongue out at the boys as I begin walking out of the room, "I'm getting ready for work" I say, walking up the stairs and taking a bite of my apple.

After my shower, I braid my hair down each side of my head, change my glasses for contacts and put on my pink scrubs before going back downstairs. I walk into the living room to find all my brothers also ready for their day. The youngest three are all ready for school, Lex has already left to go to Uni and Maxi and the senior twins are all in their scrubs ready to go to work. I make it a point to take my brothers to school every Monday, so I yell at them to get in the car, "Ty, Jakey, Haz... let's go!" they all trudge to the carport and get in the back of the car as Maxi takes the driver's seat and I hop in the passenger's seat.

We arrive at the boy's school, and I get out as they do and give each of them a loving kiss on the cheek as they walk to their friends. Each of them groans but I pay no mind because I know they secretly love it. I notice that Ty pulls away a lot stiffer than he usually does and his groan is more one of pain than embarrassment, so I give him a suspicious look, but he ignores me and walks away. 'He definitely has something wrong with his teeth' I think to myself. "You know that embarrasses them" Maxi laughs as I get back in the car and he begins driving to work, "oh I'm well aware" I reply giggling, "what are sisters for?" I add.