Chapter 8 - Telling The Boys

It has been three weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and my morning sickness is already super bad... so bad to the point that my brothers have stopped waking me up in the morning out of fear of getting vomited on. I told Luke about the baby, and he was ecstatic! We have come up with a plan, with Cal and Allie's help of course, to tell the boys. They still don't even know that Luke and I are a thing, so this is going to be very interesting.

We have decided to stick a sonogram of the baby on the fridge and at dinner we will ask one of the boys to grab something from the fridge and he should see it. Luke will be here because he is 'helping Cal with a work thing' and Allie will be here because she is always here. I put the image on the fridge, and we all wait for the boys to get home. There is not much to see in the image because of how small the baby really is but it still does the trick.

We are all sitting around the dinner table eating our chicken and rice when Allie decides that it is time to get this show going. "Hey Alex, can you get the water out of the fridge for me please?" she asks sweetly, "yep" he says, as he gets up to go to the kitchen. Soon enough, he returns holding the sonogram in his hand, "what the hell is this!?!" he exclaims staring at me. "That's your niece or nephew" I explain calmly, trying to keep a straight face, "woah, woah, woah... what are you talking about?" Maxi asks, concerned as he stands up to get a better look at what Lex is holding. "If you are trying to mess with us this is NOT FUNNY" Ash yells at me, panicking, also getting up to get a better look at the photo. Maxi looks over to Cal, "is this real?" he asks squeakily, pointing to the sonogram, "I mean, I am the one who took it" Cal replies, smiling at me. The table erupts into yelling and panicking.

"LIES!"

"You have GOT to be kidding!"

"I'm not ready for this kind of responsibility"

"I swear, if she is joking!"

"Who had sex with my sister!?!"

"I'm gonna sue!"

I was laughing thoroughly at all the panicking and gave them all some time to settle down before explaining to them. Eventually they calm down enough to ask rational questions. "Ellie, are you actually pregnant?" Maxi asks, "what kind of person would lie about that?" I ask genuinely. Once my brothers realise that they are all going to be uncles, they all jump up and engulf me in a massive group hug.

After a while, we all sit back in our seats, "so that's why you keep vomiting everywhere?" Ty asks, "yes Ty, that is why I keep vomiting everywhere" I laugh, "I thought we broke you" Jakey adds. "Wait, who knew before us?" Alex asks. I take a deep breath, "Cal, Allie and the father" I say, "and who might that be?" Maxi asks, narrowing his eyes at me. I stay silent and look to Cal for help. "Do we know him?" Haz asks. I nod my head. They all look to Cal, "do you know who it is?" Ash enquires and Cal nods, smiling at how fun it was to watch our brothers genuinely freak out.

Luke excuses himself to grab a glass of water and almost immediately, it clicks in Ash's mind. He points an accusatory finger at Luke and yells, "IT WAS YOU!". I run up to Luke to protect him because I have absolutely no idea what my brothers are going to do. Ash begins fuming as the other boys begin to process. "Hey, Ash stop. You know Luke, you like Luke, I like Luke. I don't think you want to know what I will do if you blow this out of proportion" I say, trying to get him to rationalise his thoughts.

The boys all take a minute to process before being able to think clearly. Almost simultaneously, the boys have a change of heart and crowd around us to congratulate us together. Luke looks to me confused and I just shrug, almost as confused as him.