Chapter 11 - Luke and Ellie's News

Calum's POV:

There was something abnormal on the last ultrasound that I did with Ellie, so I have set up another appointment with her. I was going to tell her before she got the call, but the day just became too chaotic, and it left my mind. I felt bad when she had to take the call in the middle of trying to help everyone at Alex's party but there wasn't much I could do. The appointment is today, and I am really nervous that I am going to find something wrong with the baby. I walk out to the waiting room and see a nervous Ellie and Luke sitting. It's weird seeing Luke waiting, usually, he is anywhere else but those chairs. I usher the pair into my exam room and Ellie gets onto the bed. "what's wrong with my baby Cal?" she asks nervously, "I don't know Elle, it could be nothing, I just need to check" I reply, trying to calm at least some of my sister's nerves but knowing it probably won't work.

I get straight into the ultrasound and almost drop the probe when I identify the abnormality. When I see this, I am unable to remain professional and composed and my mouth drops almost to the floor. "CALUM!" Ellie screams, terrified of what I have found, "relax Elle" I whisper, almost inaudibly because of my shock. Ellie is squeezing Luke's hand so hard that I can see him in visible pain. "Ellie, I think it's a good thing" I say, trying to calm her enough that Luke's hand regains circulation. It works but only slightly, "what the hell are you talking about, you 'think' it's a good thing?" she asks.

"Ellie, you're having twins" I announce. She drops Luke's hand and her expression moulds into the same one I had only seconds earlier. Tears dance in her eyes and Luke breaks down in excitement. "If this is a joke!" Ellie says shakily, "Elle, I would never do that to you" I say, tearing up as I stand to hug her. My sister accepts my embrace and I sit there with her and my best friend as I explain the consequences of this new development.

Ellie's POV:
Cal, Luke and I have just arrived home to a room full of anxiously waiting boys. They all knew about the 'abnormality' and are waiting for news. The three of us walk into the middle of the living room and stand in front of my brothers on the couch. I start to tear up, thinking about telling them, only making them more nervous. "it's twins" I eventually get out. The boys all stand up ecstatically and come to hug me. We stand in a group hug for ages, and we all cry excitedly.