Chapter 7: Who Live, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Jinora's POV.

The next morning I woke up in Kai's bed. He was next to me still asleep or so I thought. I was looking at him and one of his eyes slowly opened.

"Morning."-Kai.

"I should probably get going. Se you at breakfast?"

Kai sat up his head leaning against the wall. "I don't know if I could face your family."

"Come when your ready."

During breakfast I was sitting with Opal, Ikki, and team avatar. They sometimes come to the island for meals and to spend time with us. I saw Kai wearing his street clothes walk up to the food counter. Yung was one of the servers and he handed Kai a bento box. Kai was about to leave but then did a double take. He looked and me and smiled before tipping his hat. I smiled back but everyone else noticed.

"That's the first time I saw him smile since he came back."-Korra.

"Ok what just happened."-Opal.

"What?"

"Kai smiled at you and your face is red. What did you do?"-Asami.

"We just talked...that was it."-Jinora.

"Sure just talked."-Ikki.

"What do you mean."-Opal said was a grin.

"Someone's room was empty last night."-Ikki.

"Alright I'm leaving."-I stood up and heard them laughing.

"What?!"-Team Avatar.

"Going to follow Kai?"-Korra.

I just rolled my eyes and walked out. I saw Kai take off on a glider and quickly followed for a distance. Kai eventually stopped at the Spirit World portal. Kai walked and and I followed. I concentrated on his energy and stayed closely behind. We eventually arrived at Iroh's home. Kai greeted him with a smile and hand shake. Then a 3rd voice spoke it was a man he was welcoming Kai back. The man walk out laughing it was my grandfather. Except he looked younger he died at 66 but according to old photos he look maybe 40ish.

"Welcome back my boy. Your visit have gotten longer."-Aang.

"I've been using the portal."-Kai.

"You should be meditating."-Aang.

"I know but..."-Kai.

"You've lost fait in your faith to our nation?"-Aang.

"Yes sir. You were right one talk can change a lot. I told Jinora what I did. I killed a dozen people with one order. I killed my own people and people celebrate me."-Kai.

"Life is tricky. No one has a straight path. You both did what you had to in both your wars. You both pay the consequences. Kai you gave an order that killed a few people but saved hundreds of other lives. Aang you took away someone's bending but gave someone else the idea to the same to the innocent. War has consequences."-Iroh.

"But speaking of my grand daughter."-Aang stood up and moved the rock I was behind. 

"Jinora?"-Kai.

"Come we were just about to have tea."-Iroh.

"Oh I brought you're favorite fruit pies."-Kai.

We all sat around a table.

"I used to love making these with Monk Gyatso. He told me the most important thing is to have a gooey center."-Aang.

"Dig in."-Iroh.

Kai leaned towards the pie. "Why would Gyatso say that?"

"Because we use to do this."-Aang air bended the pie and smashed it into Kai's face.

Kai licked his lips. "Should have saw that coming."

"So this is where you've been going?"

"Yeah your grandpa was what got me through being underground. When I try to spirt project I'd end up here."-Kai.

"Why are you here?"

"After Korra lost the Avatar spirit all the past avatars roam the spirit world. We travel between the spirit world and after life. Kai and I received counseling from each other and Iroh."-Aang.

"Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I don't know. I just wanted someone to talk to but now that I'm good I guess you can invite your family to meet your grandpa."-Kai.

"It would be nice to see your grandmother again."-Aang.

"Why do you look so young?"

"We're a loud to choose what physical form we want. I simply went for something after my prime but not to close to the age I pass at."-Aang.

"I can't believe you're actually here."

"As long as my story stays alive I'll be here."-Aang.