Chapter 8: Dear Kai

A week later Tenzin's POV.

Kai has been on the island more and more. Something or specifically someone is holding him back here. Breakfast Kai is in and out then a couple of hours later he returns to train. I was walking around and saw Kai. He wasn't in air nomad robes he wore street clothes. He wore a new boy cap and fingerless gloves. The only thing representing his nation was the necklace Jinora gave him. Kai typically trained alone he way of bending was much more aggressive. Kai fought with a lot of fire benders he used a lot of fire bending moves mixed with air bending. Kai would do a move pause and then shake or nod his head as if he was getting feed back. He smiled and accomplishing what looked like a difficult move then he made eye contact with me. His smile disappeared he rubbed the back of his neck and walked away.

I can't help but feel responsible for him. He has no biological family but he always seemed to fit with us. Although he yelled at Pema and I we don't have the heart or anger to mad at him for long. Over the years while he was away the kids and Pema would write him letters. I wrote many expressing how proud I was of him but could never send them. Pema and I were in my office when we head a knock.

"Come in."

Kai stood in the door way. "Can I talk to you guys?"

"Of course close the door."-Pema.

"You alright?"

"Yeah I came to. What I said that nigh wasn't fair to you. You gave me a chance to be better."-Kai was kneeling on the floor while he spoke.

"Get up. What I said wasn't fair to you. While you were gone I would spend the day writing letters for you but I could never send them."-I graved Kai and hugged him. "I very proud of you."

Kai was taken a back"You're not angry?"

"We we're never angry we thought you had lost your way."-Pema.

"I have something for you." I presented Kai with a new gilder suit and air nomad clothes.

Kai stared at the clothes and shook his head. "I can't wear that. I'm using your advice and I'm getting help. From Jinora and a few friends but I just can't."

"Kai you wear the hat and gloves to hide your arrows you should be proud of them."

"No I broke the air nomad's rules. I killed people, I used my bending to intentionally hurt people. I don't deserve to be in this nation not yet. I need to redeem my self like you said I've dishonored you and our nation."-Kai.

"Who are you getting help from?"

"Someone a lot wiser then you but has faced the same problems as me. He's been eager to see you but there are some guest I want to bring. When will Katara be here?"-Kai.

"She should be here in 2 days why?"

"She is one of the people my mentor would like to see."-Kai.

The 2 days Kai's POV. Jinora's room

The next morning like most recently I woke up next to Jinora. I typically slept in my boxers, so when I rolled out of bed I put my clothes on. While I was putting my pants on I heard a knock on Jinora's door. The door opened and Korra, Asami, and Opal were standing in the doorway. I quickly put the rest of my clothes on and pushed them out of the room.

"What the hell did we just see?"-Korra.

"You have been sleeping with Jinora."-Opal.

"Yeah so what. Do you guys always just open her door."

"Wait how long has this been going on?"-Asami.

"We've been doing this since forever. We've been doing this for months before I left for the earth kingdom."

""Wait does-"-Opal.

I swiftly cut Opal off. "No her family does not know minus Ikki and yes for the most part clothes stay on."

"Oh Tenzin's gonna kill you."-Korra.

"No he won't because no one is going to tell him. Why are you guys even here?"

"Katara and everyone you requested to be here are almost here."-Korra.

"Great. I'll see you guys at the docks."