13

enjoy✨

Megan~

"Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me." Megan silently prayed to herself as she walked into Beyoncé's building, 2 hours late. She stepped off the elevator and looked into Beyoncé's office, seeing her sitting at her desk with her glasses on as she typed something on the computer.

Megan took a deep breath and said another prayer before knocking on the door. Beyoncé glanced up for a second, not really wanting to be bothered, but once she seen who it was she gave her undivided attention.

"I am so so sorry I'm late. I had one of my midterms today and I even overslept for that because I stayed up late last night studying and then I had to rush back to my place because I forgot the paperwork that you needed today and—."

Megan started breathing hard. She was about to send herself in a panic attack. She wasn't scared of what Beyoncé would say or do, she was just overwhelmed. This was a bad time of the year for Megan. She had midterms, papers due back to back, and on top of that tomorrow is the anniversary of her mothers death. To say she was stressed would be an understatement. She was feeling all the pressure, all the tears.

She wanted to curl up in her bed and cry. She already had plans to call off work tomorrow but with how late she showed up today, she didn't think she'd be granted that possibility.

"Megan..." Beyoncé took off her glasses, "calm down for a second. Take a seat."

Megan sat down in the chair in front of Beyoncé's desk and she gathered her thoughts and most importantly, caught her breath. "First off... Here's your check." Beyoncé handed Megan an envelope, "second... You told me yesterday that your first midterm was today and that you'd be late."

"Yeah but not 2 hours late." She shook her head.

"You're fine. There isn't much going on today anyways." Bey shrugged.

Megan stared at Beyoncé for a second before lowering her head again. She bit the corner of her bottom lip as it started to quiver. She was trying her hardest not to cry. All the built up frustration she had was starting to get to her. Beyoncé took notice to her unusual behavior. She had never really witnessed the younger girl in this state. She wasn't sure if it was something she did or something that happened outside of work, but she was honestly concerned.

"Come here Megan." She stated softly as she scooted back from her desk.

Megan looked up before standing and going around her desk. Beyoncé gently grabbed her hand and pulled her down on her lap. She rubbed her back in soothing circles and caressed the back of her hand with her thumb. "You wanna tell me what's really going on?"

"I'm just really overwhelmed." She admitted, "with everything going on, it's been super stressful. I haven't really been getting any sleep and I'm frustrated with the workload I have."

"Well..." Beyoncé didn't really know what to say. She's been in this same position before but she's always just taken her frustrations out on others by yelling. She wouldn't want to advice Megan to do that... She didn't even think Megan would do that. "Would you like me to help get rid of those frustrations?"

Megan lifted her head up and looked at Beyoncé confusingly, "how are you gonna do that?"

Beyoncé only smirked, "go lock the door."

Megan stood up from Beyoncé's lap and went over to the door, locking it. Beyoncé pushed everything off of her desk and onto the floor, figuring she'd worry about it later. Megan walked back over to her and Beyoncé immediately pulled her in for a kiss.