21

Beyoncé~

I sat in the airport doing some work on my laptop before my flight was called. I had arrived much earlier than intended because I didn't think the interaction with Megan would go so quickly. I'm so upset with myself about the whole situation . I just wish I could take everything back. I'd be more open and honest with her about everything because truth be told, I never expected to fall for her as hard as I did. It doesn't help that she's so much younger than me but to hell with that, age doesn't matter when you really love someone.

"Goodevening Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to JetBlue Airlines. We will now begin boarding Flight 2782 to Los Angeles. At this time all customers needing additional assistance and families with children 1 and under may now board."

I sent out my last email before packing up my laptop and pulling up my ticket on my phone. I usually fly private but I was in no rush to leave Houston. I was actually dreading going to L.A because that meant nothing but work, work, work. I, at some point, wanted to have fun but with the way my schedule looks that wouldn't be happening.

I exited out of the app and went to my calls to speak with Julius, my longtime driver and sometimes security, when he needs to be. I had arranged for him to be in LA before me so that he could have everything set up for me, including the car.

"Julius." He spoke

"It's Beyoncé."

"Oh," his voice spoke clearer and louder, "Mrs. Carter how—."

"It's actually just Ms. Knowles. I was calling to make sure you're ready in L.A. I'll be landing at 3:15."

"Yes ma'am, you're all set. I'll be ready and waiting for you when you land. Am I going to the private airport or—."

"No, flying commercial this time so LAX is where I'll be meeting you."

"Alright then, I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and went back to my ticket in the airlines app. "At this time we will board our Mosiac and Mint customers."

That was me. I stood up and went towards the doors. I showed the attendant my ticket and she scanned it. I walked through the doors and down the jetway. The entire time I was walking, the only thing, really person, running through my mind was Megan. I feel like we were ending things on a really bad note, despite me apologizing and letting her know how I truly feel. I know deep down she cares but at the same time, not so much.

I sighed as I walked onto the plane and the attendant guided me to my seat. I was front and center but definitely dreaded having someone sit me. I put my bag down by my feet and got comfortable. I was more than tired but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until the plane took off. More people started to come onto the plane as everybody tried to find their seats. In the meantime I just played around on my phone until it was time to takeoff.

"Goodevening JetBlue passengers. We will begin takeoff shortly." The attendant spoke.

I looked onto the plane and seen it was semi-full but I was glad no one would be sitting next to me. 

"You made it just in time."

"Hi! Oh my god! I'm so sorry."

My head perked up hearing that familiar Texas accent. It was just like mine only her voice wasn't as deep. My eyebrows furrowed together as our eyes locked.

"Normani?"

"A-auntie?"

"What are you doing here? Where's your mom?"