ONE

Rooh ki talab ho tum,

Kaise kahu alag ho tum.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Adab forwarded her left hand for Zaroon to hold it delicately and slip a diamond ring on her third finger. They looked at each other as their family applauded and congratulated them. His eyes were filled with affection as he looked at the love of his life fondly. His intense gaze made her shy and she lowered her eyes.

"Congratulations, future wife!" He whispered in her ears, making her blush more.

"You too," She shyly muttered while staring down.

For as long as Zaroon Hussain could remember, he had loved Adab Zaidi. And this fact was neither hidden from his family, nor hers. Zaroon's father was Adab's mother's brother. Adab had grown up knowing his feelings for her, getting teased by her big sister, Eshal, and listening to their parents say that they'll get married when time comes.

So when Adab completed her masters, Zaroons parents, Parishay and Mahad, wasted no time to ask her hand from Adab's parents, Mehr and Arsalaan. They decided to have a small engagement function at the Zaidi Mansion with just family.

"Mubarak ho," Mehr said while feeding Zaroon a sweet.

"Shukriya, Phupho." Zaroon loved his Mehr phupho, who was also now his mother-in-law. Then he turned to look towards Arsalaan.

"If you hurt my daughter.." Arsalaan said with a hard glare.

"I know. You'll skin me alive." Zaroon said after clearing his throat.

Arsalaan nodded in agreement before hugging his son-in-law. "Congratulations!" He might have always threatened Zaroon, but it didn't mean he didn't like him. He had seen the boy grow up into a responsible man in front of his eyes and he trusted him with his precious daughter.
Meanwhile Adab also received wishes from her Mahad Mamu and Pari Mami.

The night ended with lots of good food, chatter and laughter. Before leaving, Zaroon had held his fiance's hand and pressed a soft kiss on the back of it.

"Good night. I love you." He told her.

She blushed. "Good night."

He waited a few seconds, hoping she'd reply to his I love you as well, but she didn't, like always. And he didn't force her either. He knew she was a very shy person, and they had an eternity together for her to express her love.